Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Metro Areas are best basketball hotbeds in America??
NY/NJ 78 32.91%
Chicago 72 30.38%
DC/Bmore 27 11.39%
Atlanta 25 10.55%
SF/Oak Bay area 14 5.91%
Houston 21 8.86%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 04:23 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times

Advertisements

Here's another one for you or for anyone else that cares to answer this, who won the Kyrie Irving-for-Isaiah Thomas trade: Boston or Cleveland?

[I'd say Boston since they got the best overall player but having to trade away Avery Bradley is a tough sell]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 05:16 PM

61 posts, read 79,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Here's another one for you or for anyone else that cares to answer this, who won the Kyrie Irving-for-Isaiah Thomas trade: Boston or Cleveland?

[I'd say Boston since they got the best overall player but having to trade away Avery Bradley is a tough sell]
Isaiah Thomas - another player from the Seattle area, which punches well above its weight class in terms of producing NBA talent.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:11 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,198 times
Don't sleep on hoops hotbed SoCal man! Just to name a few outta Socal....I'm sure I'm missing a lot:

-Paul Pierce
-Gilbert Arenas
-Kahwi Leonard
-Lonzo Ball
-James Harden
-Tyson Chandler
-Reggie Miller
-Steve Kerr
-Jrue Holiday
-Brandon Jennings
-Aaron Afflalo
-Baron Davis
-Paul George
-Marques Johnson
-Byron Scott
-Amir Johnson
-Klay Thompson

Old 09-28-2017, 09:14 PM

49 posts, read 42,747 times
LA for sure. Dc is up there, but LA has more players. More elite too.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 PM

49 posts, read 42,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Don't sleep on hoops hotbed SoCal man! Just to name a few outta Socal....I'm sure I'm missing a lot:

-Paul Pierce
-Gilbert Arenas
-Kahwi Leonard
-Lonzo Ball
-James Harden
-Tyson Chandler
-Reggie Miller
-Steve Kerr
-Jrue Holiday
-Brandon Jennings
-Aaron Afflalo
-Baron Davis
-Paul George
-Marques Johnson
-Byron Scott
-Amir Johnson
-Klay Thompson
Westbrook
Nick young

There's a ton.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:40 AM

61 posts, read 79,451 times
Seattle has (among others):

Brandon Roy
Jason Terry
Nate Robinson
Isaiah Thomas
Jamal Crawford
Spencer Hawes
Aaron Brooks
Rodney Stuckey
Doug Christie
Marvin Williams
James Edwards
Michael Dickerson

Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I like the talent that the Sixers have, but they need to add some toughness and need to stay on the court long enough before declaring anything, in my opinion.

If anything, I think the Milwaukee Bucks is a young team in the Eastern Conference to keep an eye on, if they can keep that team together.
Nows as perfect a time as any to check back in with this.

Here's where Ben Simmons is so far this season (his rookie season):

1. Averaging 18 points per game (on 51% shooting)
2. Averaging 9.8 rebounds per game
3. Averaging 8.2 assists per game

So basically he's pretty close to averaging a triple-double in his first season in the NBA. Way ahead of schedule. His fundamentals and skillset are spectacular man, the dude looks like Goliath when on the court.

Ben Simmons stats, details, videos, and news. | NBA.com

How's that translated to the 76ers and their trajectory? Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid have the Sixers in playoff position, if the season ended today, they'd be in. I expect Ben to carry the Sixers to the playoffs this year as it is and I also expect Ben to win the rookie of the year as well. By the way, the Milwaukee Bucks are flailing so far.

NBA Standings | NBA.com

Ben's got this. Definitely moving in the direction of becoming the best player in the NBA in 2-3 seasons when his game has gone through the process of being fine tuned and matured. Just needs to add some outside shooting to his otherwise sterling arsenal and maintain course of the current trajectory and it's done.

Told you so.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 AM

555 posts, read 861,601 times
St Louis

Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 AM

93,239 posts, read 123,876,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Nows as perfect a time as any to check back in with this.

Here's where Ben Simmons is so far this season (his rookie season):

1. Averaging 18 points per game (on 51% shooting)
2. Averaging 9.8 rebounds per game
3. Averaging 8.2 assists per game

So basically he's pretty close to averaging a triple-double in his first season in the NBA. Way ahead of schedule. His fundamentals and skillset are spectacular man, the dude looks like Goliath when on the court.

Ben Simmons stats, details, videos, and news. | NBA.com

How's that translated to the 76ers and their trajectory? Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid have the Sixers in playoff position, if the season ended today, they'd be in. I expect Ben to carry the Sixers to the playoffs this year as it is and I also expect Ben to win the rookie of the year as well. By the way, the Milwaukee Bucks are flailing so far.

NBA Standings | NBA.com

Ben's got this. Definitely moving in the direction of becoming the best player in the NBA in 2-3 seasons when his game has gone through the process of being fine tuned and matured. Just needs to add some outside shooting to his otherwise sterling arsenal and maintain course of the current trajectory and it's done.

Told you so.
It is still early and the Knicks would be the 6th seed if the season ended today. Chill... All 3 are 7-6 right now.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:06 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Probably already listed, but for Chicagoland:
-Isiah Thomas
-Tim Hardaway
-Derek Rose
-Dwayne Wade
-Antoine Walker
-Anthony Davis
-Shawn Marion
-Jaleel Okafor
-Corey Maggette
-Iman Shumpford
-Eddy Curry (bust)
-Will Bynum
-Nick Anderson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City