Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which is better?
Dallas-Fort Worth 109 47.81%
Minn-St Paul 119 52.19%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 05:05 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Quality of Life: Useless measure. This is basically just the combination of the other categories and would only cement my top pick without really adding much.
Nightlife: Dallas-Fort Worth. Better karaoke from what I've been led to believe.
Daytime Activities: Minneapolis-Saint Paul. Never been there, but everyone seems to think DFW is sorely lacking, so I would assume another major city would probably have more activities.
Culture: Dallas-Fort Worth. I really like the whole state pride thing going on in Texas. Plus, it is also more diverse, which gives more options. Though, more important to me is the larger Korean-American presence.
Shopping: Dallas-Fort Worth.
Dining: I would assume Dallas-Fort Worth, on account of its size advantage. I mean, you don't really hear raves about Minneapolis-Saint Paul's dining scene.
Scenery: I am not deciding on this one. I am in odd ball in that I actually like the scenery in DFW and I have never been in Minneapolis to see it.
Economy: I think Minneapolis-Saint Paul. If I remember correctly, it has a lower unemployment rate, higher income, and roughly the same cost of living. It isn't growing very fast, as opposed to Dallas-Fort Worth, so that may change in the future, but MSP wins this for now, albeit not by much.

Anyway, as for weather, I personally hate Dallas' weather. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is "too hot," I exercise almost every day outside with a jacket on to prevent tanning. My issue is that it is way too sunny, which hurts my eyes and makes it difficult for me to enjoy any outdoor activities. Though, these are the same reason I also hate coastal California's weather, and people love that for some reason.
LMAOOO seriously? You judge the nightlife of a city based on which has better Karaoke?

Last edited by i'm not a cookie; 09-24-2016 at 05:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 05:16 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
MSP in a heartbeat.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:34 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,089,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
LMAOOO seriously? You judge the nightlife of a city based on which has better Karaoke?
I prefer noraebangs over clubs.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:05 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Today's weather in both metros....meant to get this posted earlier, but was busy earlier today.

DFW High 91 Low 77 Scattered showers.

MSP High 75 Low 63 30% chance of rain.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:31 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Today's weather in both metros....meant to get this posted earlier, but was busy earlier today.

Come back to us with this comparison in February.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:19 PM

163 posts, read 165,471 times
Quote:

That isn't bad weather by any means at all, though.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:25 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:

According to the NWS, this is Dallas forecast

Monday highs in the upper 70s
Monday night lows in the lower 60s

Tuesday highs in the upper 70s
Tuesday Night lows in the upper 50s

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday highs in the mid 80s
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday Night lows in the lower 60s

Not bad to me.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:45 AM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
"Most URBAN"... not most TEXAN.

Dallas would definitely be most urban.
If Dallas is the most urban City in Texas, Texas is in bad shape, Birmingham Alabama can give Dallas a run for its money when it comes Urbanity and Vibrancy..When You see on paper Dallas has 7 million people you get excited thinking it's some Cosmopolitan Global City. Nah it's not , Totally Agree with the posters saying it's A glorified Oklahoma City and somewhat underwhelming for its size. I,' ve been to Dallas Never to Minneapolis, Minneapolis gets my vote

Old 09-25-2016, 09:42 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,089,310 times
In case you didn't know, cosmopolitan means to be diverse and tolerance and global means importance economically, both of which DFW is. Neither word means urban or walkable.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:48 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
If Dallas is the most urban City in Texas, Texas is in bad shape, Birmingham Alabama can give Dallas a run for its money when it comes Urbanity and Vibrancy..When You see on paper Dallas has 7 million people you get excited thinking it's some Cosmopolitan Global City. Nah it's not , Totally Agree with the posters saying it's A glorified Oklahoma City and somewhat underwhelming for its size. I,' ve been to Dallas Never to Minneapolis, Minneapolis gets my vote
If you or anyone else is saying this, then you all must have never been to Oklahoma City if you're saying Dallas (the actual city) is a glorified version of it.

Last edited by Spade; 09-25-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City