Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Atlanta 42 45.65%
San Diego 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times

Advertisements

Based on these visual comparisons. Who do you think has the fastest most efficient public transportation.

San Diego

YouTube - The San Diego trolley action

Atlanta

YouTube - Marta train arriving and leaving Lindbergh

San Diego

YouTube - San Diego Trolley departing Santa Fe Depot

Atlanta

YouTube - Marta Gold Line Train Departs Peachtree Center Station.MP4

San Diego

YouTube - San Diego Blue Line Trolley 11/16/2009

Atlanta

YouTube - EIGHT CAR RED LINE MARTA TRAIN TO THE AIRPORT DEPARTING MARTA ARTS CENTER STN

San Diego

YouTube - Sprinter Train - Take A Ride!

Atlanta

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksu4zB08038"]

San Diego Civic Center Station

YouTube - Civic Center Station Action

Atlanta Civic Center Station

YouTube - Marta Train Leaving Civic Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
^ OMG, that first San Diego trolley video, that is crazy how long it took for that thing to finally depart. Heavy rail is so much quicker.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:06 PM

88 posts, read 140,872 times
Who cares about the trolley. I just care about the men. The dudes in San Diego (MAN Diego) are WAYYYY hotter. Military surfer types. Delish!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Lol @ Man Diego, pause.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
Who cares about the trolley. I just care about the men. The dudes in San Diego (MAN Diego) are WAYYYY hotter. Military surfer types. Delish!
Yeah I imagine because of the large military presence the man to woman ratio is probably pretty high in "Man-Diego". Just the opposite in Atlanta which is fine with me .

Last edited by Galounger; 08-20-2010 at 06:34 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times
I think the fact that everybody is being childish and arguing over wether Atlanta is fat or not is retarded. I mean the guy from SD is really childish and ignorant. I've been to Atlanta plenty of times and plenty of Cali cities as well and this is my take:

I think it all depends on what type of female guys are looking for. Of course, wether people will admit it or not, picking a mate a lot of times do depend on race. Well when it comes down to looks. Most (not all) white males would probly perfer SD and most black males (not all) would probly perfer ATL. With hispanics you can't really say because hispanic is NOT a race. There are black, biracial, white etc hispanics. I would say for the Central/South American hispanics SD would probly be a better fit but maybe Caribbean hispanics (Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and although not Carib Panamainians etc) it could go either way depending on what the individual is looking for.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:59 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Based on these visual comparisons. Who do you think has the fastest most efficient public transportation.
You revived a thread (which had been dead for seven months) regarding the dating scenes of these two cities in order to post public transportation videos? Why?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
You revived a thread (which had been dead for seven months) regarding the dating scenes of these two cities in order to post public transportation videos? Why?
My bad. I forgot it was about dating. I thought it was comparing the two cities in general. But on the dating note.

Quote:
I think the fact that everybody is being childish and arguing over wether Atlanta is fat or not is retarded. I mean the guy from SD is really childish and ignorant. I've been to Atlanta plenty of times and plenty of Cali cities as well and this is my take:

I think it all depends on what type of female guys are looking for. Of course, wether people will admit it or not, picking a mate a lot of times do depend on race. Well when it comes down to looks. Most (not all) white males would probly perfer SD and most black males (not all) would probly perfer ATL. With hispanics you can't really say because hispanic is NOT a race. There are black, biracial, white etc hispanics. I would say for the Central/South American hispanics SD would probly be a better fit but maybe Caribbean hispanics (Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and although not Carib Panamainians etc) it could go either way depending on what the individual is looking for.
Yeah. Even though Atlanta is known as one of the "Chocolate Cities" Metro wise it's quite the rainbow. And it's not like there is a tiny number of whites in Metro Atlanta. San Diego has around 300,000 white females. Fulton county which covers only about a little more land than San Diego (530 sq mi compared to 320) has about 225,000 white females. Then when you travel next door to Gwinnet or Cobb counties there are around 270,000 and 245,000 (Cobb county covers about the same area as San Diego and only has around 30,000 fewer white females.) When you add it all up I think it's a pretty safe bet that there are more white females in Metro Atlanta than Metro San Diego despite Atlanta's reputation for black beauties.

I think Metro Atlanta has a pretty good mix really.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:09 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM

^ Lol you've posted those pictures before! That chick in yellow is super cute.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
lol at those folks on the train staring at the dude recording, like "if you don't get that damn camera out my face" lol

....but seriously, MARTA is highly impressive for a southern city in my opinion. just the whole set up and everything. i so wish houston and dallas had heavy rail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City