Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Atlanta 42 45.65%
San Diego 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 AM

657 posts, read 1,504,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Who cares what terms or names you and your online freinds come up with, the simple fact Atlanta is even on the list for fittest cities and San Diego is on the list for fattest cities kind off undermines your whole argument.................
Was Men's fitness ranking fit cities for men or women? I didn't read the entire article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
I didn't come up with the name FATlanta -- another poster came up with the clever moniker -- I'm rather jealous of his wit!
It's a shame FATlanta.com is taken. Then you could start a blog with daily updates of all the fatties FATlanta has to offer.

Then someone from FATlanta could start a site talking about how Californian's that like skinny women are really just stuck in the closet. Then everyone else can roll their eyes and once again laugh at yet another homophobe in a red state.

For some reason this thread is one of the most entertaining on city-data. Perhaps it's all the colorful reactions from a little gentle ribbing of a certain city.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:52 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Quote:
so this boils down to racial preference which is what i mentioned about a dozen posts ago.

fatlanta if you're a black male is a singles dream
san diego if you're white

if you're latino or asian male then san diego is most likely your pick too
White men can't live in a city with beautiful black women of ATL? And black men can't do well with all the beautiful white women of SD?
That seems pretty stereotypical, times are changing, I see plenty of interracial relationships now-a-days and it's getting to become a harmless norm.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
It's a shame FATlanta.com is taken. Then you could start a blog with daily updates of all the fatties FATlanta has to offer.

Then someone from FATlanta could start a site talking about how Californian's that like skinny women are really just stuck in the closet. Then everyone else can roll their eyes and once again laugh at yet another homophobe in a red state.

For some reason this thread is one of the most entertaining on city-data. Perhaps it's all the colorful reactions from a little gentle ribbing of a certain city.

Hey I didn’t want to say that (bolded) nor take it there, but since you did I have always thought that people who find waif looking women with bodies similar to those of a 16 year old boy attractive to be kind of sorta lost on what the feminine essence should be.... and by extension... well I will let you draw the conclusion

Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post

Yeah, I read that anti-gay remark. Because I'm fond of golden, sun-kissed surfer ladies who are in shape and athletic.

I wonder who owns the right to FATlanta.com

Old 09-26-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
White men can't live in a city with beautiful black women of ATL? And black men can't do well with all the beautiful white women of SD?
That seems pretty stereotypical, times are changing, I see plenty of interracial relationships now-a-days and it's getting to become a harmless norm.
I agree with you -- you love who you love, and nobody else has a right to take that away from you.

But if we're speaking of the general population it seems that most people do date based on breakdowns along racial lines. That's why the premise of this thread is too general/generic, particularly since it's comparing two radically different cities.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:01 AM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,429 times
Quote:
Yeah, I read that anti-gay remark. Because I'm fond of golden, sun-kissed surfer ladies who are in shape and athletic.

I wonder who owns the right to the FATlanta.com
Some guy in Ottawa, Canada.

You can do a /whois on domain names by going to networksolutions.com

Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Acutally Kelly moved to Houston about the age of 4 so I have always counted her for Houston. But Austin will gladly take Ciara in exchange if we are going by birth places

Either way Kelly looks good. She is the best looking one out of the original Destiny's Child followed by LeToya.
Not really. In an interview Kelly said she moved to H-town for destinies Child as a teen but her family stayed in Atlanta and she always visited often and still considered Atlanta home.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Acutally Kelly moved to Houston about the age of 4 so I have always counted her for Houston. But Austin will gladly take Ciara in exchange if we are going by birth places

Either way Kelly looks good. She is the best looking one out of the original Destiny's Child followed by LeToya.

I know Ciara personally and have been knowing her since high school, matter of fact a good freind of mine took her to the Riverdale High Prom back in 2002, and trust... she is str8 Southside ATL. There is nothing Austin about her, she looks and acts like a typical Riverdale girl

Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 AM

358 posts, read 754,697 times
Entertaining thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Fatlanta really???? Your hate of the A is showing once again my freind.
Follow this link and tell me where Atlanta falls on this list in comparison to San Diego..........
The Fittest and Fattest Cities in America 2009 - Men's Fitness

Atlanta comes in at #21 for fittest cities while San Diego came in at #24 on the list of fattest cities.
Well, if you are going to believe every magazine list out there, how do you explain San Diego ranking #2 and Atlanta ranking #23(out of 25 cities) in the most attractive people category? I mean, really, third to last?

Travel + Leisure (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2008/city/atlanta - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City