Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Atlanta 42 45.65%
San Diego 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
Ok, Einstein, let's look at the magazine's rankings of fittest and fattest cities since they first started doing it. Just 8 year's ago San Diego was the fittest city on the list and had been for 3 straight years!!

How can it go from absolute fittest to one of the fattest in that short time? Ya think it's bogus list? Don't believe the hype!!

Miami's vices fast food, TV make it fattest; Salt Lake fittest - USATODAY.com

Yeah Im about as smart as you, someone who calls a project that is currently being built and opens up next year "the demise of the streets of Buckhead", and Backstreet Atlanta, which you probably heard from someone, if you had actually spent time here in the A you would know how dumb your post sounded. Once again do you even know what the Streets of Buckhead and Backstreet Atlanta are?????? Or are you just repeating some tired old talking point you heard someone else say???? I think the latter.....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
athletic and skinny are two different things.

so yes, i like skinny chicks. san diego has very attractive, skinny surfer chicks. single guys would prefer to be in a city like san diego. where the girls are skinny and attractive. where the weather feels like spring "year-round". where the cuisine can't boast of cheese grits, chitlins and fried chicken.

when you eat food like that and deep-fry everything, it's no wonder that people get fat. i lived in fatlanta. i saw the fat everywhere. white fat, black fat. everyone was fat fat.

You and maxsposure are really exposing yourself by your lack of knowledge about Atlanta. Atlanta has the worst southern/soul food in the south, and the most deep fried anything you will find here comes from KFC. Those 3 Atlanta chefs who were just on Top Chef on the Food Network, did they deep fry anything??? Dont let your hate for the A lead you to make a statement out of your neck. Anyone who has spent time here or lives here will tell you that you will be hard pressed to go to a restaurant here and find something "deep fried". Even if you meant that as a joke to the large black population here (which you did IMO), you still will be better served going to other cities in the south as Atlanta is not known for southern/soul food. Actually people from other cities in the south make fun of us because of the lack of good southern cooking establishments here

Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
1 in 3 under 30 live w their parents. city of boy men.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Yeah Im about as smart as you, someone who calls a project that is currently being built and opens up next year "the demise of the streets of Buckhead", and Backstreet Atlanta, which you probably heard from someone, if you had actually spent time here in the A you would know how dumb your post sounded. Once again do you even know what the Streets of Buckhead and Backstreet Atlanta are?????? Or are you just repeating some tired old talking point you heard someone else say???? I think the latter.....................
You are obviously too young to know what I'm talking about. Tell you what, kid, why don't you keep practicing your moonwalk and I'll look for you on next season's "America's Got Talent".

And don't forget, 23rd out of 25 cities among attractive residents isn't that bad, really.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
You and maxsposure are really exposing yourself by your lack of knowledge about Atlanta. Atlanta has the worst southern/soul food in the south, and the most deep fried anything you will find here comes from KFC. Those 3 Atlanta chefs who were just on Top Chef on the Food Network, did they deep fry anything??? Dont let your hate for the A lead you to make a statement out of your neck. Anyone who has spent time here or lives here will tell you that you will be hard pressed to go to a restaurant here and find something "deep fried". Even if you meant that as a joke to the large black population here (which you did IMO), you still will be better served going to other cities in the south as Atlanta is not known for southern/soul food. Actually people from other cities in the south make fun of us because of the lack of good southern cooking establishments here
So if I read your statement right, you're saying:

1) Atlanta soul food sucks
2) In the entire metropolitan area it is difficult to find "deep fried" foods?
3) The hot topic of conversation in Southern cities is "Man, Atlanta is wack - they have no good southern cooking establishments"? I mean I know life is slow down there, but surely they have something else to talk about?
4) The 3 Top Chef contestants -- you do know that none are originally from Atlanta. In fact, the Puerto Rican guy who currently lives in Atlanta DEEP FRIED a steak and lost the challenge big time.

What does making a statement out of your neck actually mean?

Last edited by back2dc; 09-26-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 09-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
You are obviously too young to know what I'm talking about. Tell you what, kid, why don't you keep practicing your moonwalk and I'll look for you on next season's "America's Got Talent".
"Stop, you're being ignorant.."

Where's Blanket?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:18 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
I think the only thin one is the one is the fuchsia dress.
So thin is good or better in YOUR opinion?

Old 09-26-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
So thin is good or better in YOUR opinion?
Yes, thin is good or better. It's also a sign that a person understands the importance of taking care of their body and appearance.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:43 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
So if you're not into black chicks who's don't live in Atlanta any more or old white women then what do you do?

Plus I doubt you'd see any of the ones pictured at a singles bar.
Almost all the women in those pictures except for Kelly Rowland still live in Atlanta. And I can post tons of other beautiful famous women that now call Atlanta home but aren't originally from here.

I'm still waiting on that star studded list of beautiful golden surfer chick types from San Diego you keep refering to.

Fact of the matter is he's bitter because he called Atlanta women fat and I blew his assertion out of the water with a list of gorgeous well known women born and raised in ATL and he can produce no proof what so ever that the women in San Diego are everything he says they are.

So instead as a response he and Back2dc resort to shouting Fatlanta over and over like it's such an ingenious phrase like a couple of dim witted high school boys who can't think of an intelligent argument.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM

FATlanta, FATlanta, FATlanta. It's actually a pretty funny moniker.

Man, I miss high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Almost all the women in those pictures except for Kelly Rowland still live in Atlanta. And I can post tons of other beautiful famous women that now call Atlanta home but aren't originally from here.

I'm still waiting on that star studded list of beautiful golden surfer chick types from San Diego you keep refering to.

Fact of the matter is he's bitter because he called Atlanta women fat and I blew his assertion out of the water with a list of gorgeous well known women born and raised in ATL and he can produce no proof what so ever that the women in San Diego are everything he says they are.

So instead as a response he and Back2dc resort to shouting Fatlanta over and over like it's such an ingenious phrase like a couple of dim witted high school boys who can't think of an intelligent argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City