Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 04:21 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

BTW speaking of Ike Turner - Dallas is where Tina got away from him - she jumped out of his car in the I-30 freeway canyon and ran up the hill to the then-Ramada Inn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 04:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
BTW speaking of Ike Turner - Dallas is where Tina got away from him - she jumped out of his car in the I-30 freeway canyon and ran up the hill to the then-Ramada Inn.
She lucky it wasn't I-35!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:29 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
She lucky it wasn't I-35!
Tina Turner quote "I like it rough"

Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Tina Turner quote "I like it rough"
true LOL

Old 09-30-2009, 04:46 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I've always thought that Houston was supposedly the more "black-friendly" city in Texas. Don't get me wrong, Dallas is not too far behind, but it seems like Houston is held in higher regard (press, polls, events, etc.) in that instance. Not disputing what your saying, just trying to get a clear POV. Missouri City seems to be where the black middle class is going to in Houston, while in D/FW, the Best Southwest area and the southern portions of Arlington and Grand Prairie seem to be the major destination areas for the black middle class.

I'd say that they're still a bit more integrated than say, Stone Mountain/Lithonia here in Atlanta or Prince Georges County, MD outside DC.
Southern areas of Arlington? I don't think so. The southern areas of Arlington are like North Katy. I have friends who stay in that part of GP and it's mostly white. But the Best Southwest is the best example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Basically what your doing is ignoring DFW southern roots and the towns in between. The South begins East of I 35 not I 45. You have to live here and experience it to really get a feel of the southern roots. Those big Mega Churches, gospel singers, and the soulful atmosphere of Dallas can't be ignored. Brown and Cora natives of the area from Tyler Perry plays attend church in Fort Worth, Texas. Gospel Artist Kirk Franklin is from Fort Worth, Texas you better believe we have strong proud southern tradition in DFW. DFW and Atlanta politically and culturally are mirror images of each other. Also what distinguish them from Houston is there is a large concentrated black middle class. Houston has a slightly larger black population due to the Katrina effect, but its not as concentrated as the Dallas middle class. The biggest difference between Dallas & Atlanta is Dallas has Oak trees and Atlanta has the numerous Pine trees.
Nah.

First, the "Katrina effect" is not why Houston has more Blacks than DFW (talking metro areas). DFW has always had more Caucasians and less Blacks than Houston. That, and Houston definitely has a strong concentration of middle class blacks. More than DFW. It wasn't too long ago that Missouri City was rated one of the top cities/suburbs for Blacks.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Nah.

First, the "Katrina effect" is not why Houston has more Blacks than DFW (talking metro areas). DFW has always had more Caucasians and less Blacks than Houston. That, and Houston definitely has a strong concentration of middle class blacks. More than DFW. It wasn't too long ago that Missouri City was rated one of the top cities/suburbs for Blacks.
"Chill Out"

Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I wouldn't claim Jamie Foxx as much as he talks down on Texas.
When has Jamie Foxx ever said something bad about Texas when he wasn't joking?

Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM

{Angel 713}

My Aunt has lived in South Arlington for since the early 90's that area is very intergrated with black, white, and asian middle class families. The area is not entirely white.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
When has Jamie Foxx ever said something bad about Texas when he wasn't joking?
JAMIE FOXX - FOXX RELIEVED TO LEAVE RACIST SOUTH

Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
My wife has worked with Jamie Foxx on a number of occasions. Of all the celebrities she worked with, he was the only one that she had nothing but bad things to say. One of the most pompus and rude individuals shes ever met. If you knew my wife, who tries so hard to see the good in everyone, you would know what a big deal that is.

Most famous people that she delt with were very polite and down to earth (Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, Denzel Washington, etc.). Jamie Foxx treated my wife (who did accounting for several studios in LA before she switched carrers) like dirt. I would love to kick his a** and I dont care where hes from.

Odds are, hes just blowing smoke. Thats all he really does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City