Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,533,309 times

Advertisements

quite possibly the greatest rap video ever made - high top fades, newark high school, young morgan freeman - what else do you need in a video?

YouTube - Big Daddy Kane - Lean On Me

Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,453 times
Bay Area. Not too many of our rappers are main stream , the underground scene is huge here though.

E40
San Quinn
Too Short
Mac Dre
Messy Marv
Mistah F.A.B
Rappin 4 Tay
Richie Rich
Tupac (Raised in the Bay)
Keak Da Sneak
Turf Talk
The Jacka
The Federation

YouTube - Mac Dre - Feelin' Myself (Remix)

YouTube - Life is.....Too Short

YouTube - Mistah FAB. - Ghost Ride It (Official Video)

Last edited by kcee510; 10-01-2009 at 08:30 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 PM

sorry this is the best ever

YouTube - Wrecks n effect - Rump shaker *1994*

Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,453 times
E-40 will pretty much smash on most of the rappers out there today

YouTube - E-40 - Automatic (Ft. Fabolous)

YouTube - E-40 - Dumb Hyphy

YouTube - E-40 - Muscle Cars

Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
My question is........................ After all these years of the south being in the spotlight, where are the classic albums (scarface, outkast aside). Beyond that, where are the records that matter? Where are the records that will be seem as important? The south makes disposable music no one will talk about as significant in 10 years. Lil' Wayne will NOT be talked about in the same breath as Rakim.
Where's the south's Illmatic, The Score, Three Feet High & Rising, Fear Of A Black Planet, Reasonable Doubt, 36 Chambers, Breaking Atoms, Criminal Minded, Paid In Full, Mecca & The Soul Brother, Black On Both Sides, Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, The Infamous, Cuban Linx, The War Report, Uptown Saturday Night, Muddy Waters, Da Shinin', Ready To Die, Critical Beat down, Do You Want More, Hard To Earn?

While the East Coast had the spotlight, they made it count & dropped a wild amount of quality albums. I truly can't say the same for the south. This is your time to lay the foundation for your legacy. You're not doing it though.

No classic down south albums besides 'Kast, and Goodie Mob?? Seriously??

Classic down south albums

Juvenile- 400 Degreez
Hot Boys-Get it How U live
Project Pat-Ghetty Green
UGK-Too Hard to Swallow
Outkast-Aquemini
Trick Daddy-Book of thugs chapter AK verse 47
UGK-The Southern Way
UGK- Dirty Money
UGK-UGK 4 Life
Tela-Piece of mind
Cool Breeze-East Points Greatest Hits
Goodie Mob-Soul Food
TI-Trap Music
Gnarles Barkley-St. Elsewhere
Young Jeezy-TM101
OutKast-ATLiens
Lil Wayner- Carter 1 (say what you want but both Carter 1 & 2 are classics)
Lil Wayne- Carter 2
8 Ball and MJG-Comin' out Hard
8 Ball and MJG- On top of the world
8 Ball and MJG- On the outside looking In
Master P-The Ghettos trying to kill me
Master P- Ghetto D
Scarface-Balls and my word
Scarface-Mr Scarface is back
Scarface-The Diary
Scarface-The fix
Geto Boys-Geto Boys
Lil Flip-The Leprechaun
3-6 Mafia-When the Smoke Clears
Playa Fly-Just Gettin it On
Pastor Troy-We ready I Declare War

And Im sure I missed some and left some out.....

And lets not forget that Jay Electronica and BOB (from New Orleans and Atlanta respectively) who are two of the hottest underground artists right now regardless of where they are from. Along with the best IMO in the game Andre 3000 whose solo album drops Jan. 2010, along with another 'Kast album next summer. The south aint going no where homie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now I while I have heard most of the albums you listed (CNN's the War Report is not a classic, my 5 year old cousin raps better than capone and noreaga, some other albums on there are questionable as well), I would be willing to bet that you have not heard even 1/4 of the albums I listed. So do your research homie and listen before you say the south has no classic albums....

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Default lets get in vol. 4

Boo & Gotti - West side (soooo over looked man)

YouTube - Boo & Gotti - Chicago

rashid hadee - west side

YouTube - rashid hadee - the remembrance

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,784,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
Interesting facts:

Their label (Future Records) was based in Va Beach. This song was actually recorded their in VA. The second verse was written by Pharrell Williams...who was ~19 at the time.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 PM

^^ nice! pharrel is the man!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:47 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Pittbull is not a reggaeton artist, he is a southern hip hop artist. Latinos want to be black? LOL you wish!

YouTube - 305 ANTHEM

This is reggaeton since it is obvious you do not know what it is:

YouTube - Tego Calderon - Cosa Buena

Stop following me around this forum and quoting me dude!!!! You run and tell the mods and send me private messages when I say something to you, but yet you keep coming at me. So once again you can dish it, but you cant take it huh? Thats how they do in Jersey?? Seriously B your making Jersey look bad!!

And I never said Latinos try to be black, nothing could be farther from the turth. I said that allot of Latinos in Miami do the same things blacks do down there- gold teeth, old schools with rims, some even have dreadlocks. And dont act like Latinos in NYC, Miami and Chicago are very much hip hop, which by extension is a black culture

Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 PM

i can't stop!

YouTube - Dart Throwing - Cappadonna ft Method Man & Raekwon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City