Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which "big" city in the Southeast is the friendliest?
Atlanta, GA 25 32.89%
Orlando, FL 2 2.63%
Raleigh-Durham, NC 13 17.11%
Mobile, AL 14 18.42%
Miami, FL 6 7.89%
Charlotte, NC 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:36 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
Women seem to be friendly in those cities when you throw bunches of hundred dollar bills their way...
Just don't expect anything earth shattering in return!
LOL, you know it's funny. I have a nice Chevy Silverado 2500, loaded. It probably costs more than many of these little Mercedez and Acura's, but the women (many of em) only pay attention to the foreign, expensive looking cars - like those guys have the money. I laugh. I have a truck that is just as expensive, but it's a truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:38 AM

888 posts, read 886,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
LOL, you know it's funny. I have a nice Chevy Silverado 2500, loaded. It probably costs more than many of these little Mercedez and Acura's, but the women (many of em) only pay attention to the foreign, expensive looking cars - like those guys have the money. I laugh. I have a truck that is just as expensive, but it's a truck.
the fairer species has never had a good reputation for being exceptional analysts of information...especially the younger ones
once they start looking like women, they learn to use their power of attraction to get what they want...
desire to develop critical thinking skills drops down to a lower priority
ever heard of "chicks on politics" ?

to be fair, once they reach 35-40, they've generally gotten over the illusions and delusions of love... and they do tend to think a little more.

then they are cougars!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:41 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
the fairer species has never had a good reputation for being exceptional analysts of information...especially the younger ones
once they start looking like women, they learn to use their power of attraction to get what they want...
desire to develop critical thinking skills drops down to a lower priority
ever heard of "chicks on politics" ?

to be fair, once they reach 35-40, they've generally gotten over the illusions and delusions of love... and they do tend to think a little more.

then they are cougars!
Nice Analysis.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:16 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I have to inform my cousins and aunts and uncles that they no longer live in the South and are no longer Southern since they live in Orlando. All they ever thought of themselves was Southerners. I don't see how it is any other region. If anyone says it's like NY, I will laugh. If you do that, I will quickly say Houston is no longer Southern. It is Western and Spanish due to the amount of Hispanics and Westerners that have moved there the past 20 years. Basically, Orlando is STILL a Southern city. I let people slide by with Miami. Not Orlando.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Spade, what part of Orlando do they live in? Do they live in Bithlo or Christmas?

In that case, they probably are southern.

PS- speaking of Orlando, it's on the national news right now. A gunman opened fire shooting 7 or 8 people, killing one. Apparently he was a disgruntled employee who got laid off in 2007. Thank God they caught this lunatic before harming anyone else.
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Orlando suspect ID'd
Nov. 6: Police have identified the alleged Orlando office building shooter as Jason Rodriguez, who previously worked for a company in the building.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I have to inform my cousins and aunts and uncles that they no longer live in the South and are no longer Southern since they live in Orlando. All they ever thought of themselves was Southerners. I don't see how it is any other region. If anyone says it's like NY, I will laugh. If you do that, I will quickly say Houston is no longer Southern. It is Western and Spanish due to the amount of Hispanics and Westerners that have moved there the past 20 years. Basically, Orlando is STILL a Southern city. I let people slide by with Miami. Not Orlando.
Eatonville is pretty Southern, Orlando is still part of the "DIRTY" South, but it's not that much Southern anymore.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I have family in various neighborhoods in Orlando actually. Don't know exactly where. But they live in Orlando proper.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Yes, you should have put in Tennessee. Everyone I have ever know, whether while living in NY or Florida, who has been from Tennessee, have been very nice.

Forget Florida.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,069 times
I've been to all of them briefly.

The friendliest customer service I've had out of the choices listed was just south of Atlanta. So I vote Atlanta as the friendliest.

I've seen nothing but rudeness and a self centered attitude in Miami. I vote that the least friendly of the choices listed.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I have family in various neighborhoods in Orlando actually. Don't know exactly where. But they live in Orlando proper.
If you could be more specific, I could tell you if that particular area of Orlando is southern or not.I and my wife are FL natives, which are considered southern I believe by most people, but Orlando isnt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City