Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
LMFAO!!!!!!

I am on the floor right now.

If someone gave me a house in Atlanta, it would be on the market tomorrow.
Working at Pet smart wont pay your bills so yes I would see your house going back on the market..

Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

316 posts, read 655,006 times
again a man like Martin Luther King Jr. Millions outside of Georgia know what school he came from.. You might not know but they do.. Morehouse College is the best all black African American school in the nation.. and there is no way that you can prove that to be wrong. People know Morehouse college. I was talking to my supervisor a couple of weeks ago and she is a white lady.. She was talking about how successful Morehouse was and how good of a school it is. Morehouse has even had white students graduate from there. Nothing you can say against that school

Old 12-26-2009, 11:14 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
Well it depends on how you look at it because some of those houses are very expensive and they may look old but they are in great shape and they have been renovated. I have seen some of these house go for millions of dollars. Not to put Houston down because I love the city but those houses in the city don't come close to the ones in Atlanta.. Now there are some nice homes in Sugarland, Missouri City, and Katy. Very nice homes in the Houston Suburbs. Even though we have a lot of trees when you move to the suburbs in Atlanta you get plenty of yard space even for the homes on the tight two lane curvy highways..
don't come close? i wouldn't say that. with the numerous historic neighborhoods around the city, houston can definitely hold its own

plus from what i have seen, both cities have many of the same housing styles. four corner, queen anne, colonial revival, eastlake etc

Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 PM

95 posts, read 77,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
MARTA has 39 rail stations currently. How many in your brilliant estimation do you consider adequate? Careful, this may require simple math.
I don't know.

I would have to spend hours analyzing where each station is curently located, where they are lacking, etc.

They need more because it's hard to live in Atanta without a car.

I don't even know why we are talking about transit, IMO it's on par with Dallas.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Well, my apologies then. Someone else in this thread that was supporting Atlanta stated that it only serves 200,000.

Therefore, I was going off their word. 482,000 is still short though for a metro area of 5.7 M.
Umm NYC has a metro of 21 million and a city of about 8 million and only a lil over a million people ride it a day so whats your point ????

Old 12-26-2009, 11:17 PM

95 posts, read 77,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
again a man like Martin Luther King Jr. Millions outside of Georgia know what school he came from.. You might not know but they do.. Morehouse College is the best all black African American school in the nation.. and there is no way that you can prove that to be wrong. People know Morehouse college. I was talking to my supervisor a couple of weeks ago and she is a white lady.. She was talking about how successful Morehouse was and how good of a school it is. Morehouse has even had white students graduate from there. Nothing you can say against that school
But, that is in your region.

In the north, it has no reach. Morehouse has southeastern recognition, not nationwide. Do you not understand?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Why?

Becuase I don't praise Atlanta?

Stop living up to your screenname.

Rudeboy21 thats me.....

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 PM

316 posts, read 655,006 times
Quote:
I don't know.

I would have to spend hours analyzing where each station is curently located, where they are lacking, etc.

They need more because it's hard to live in Atanta without a car.

I don't even know why we are talking about transit, IMO it' on par with Dallas.
i wouldn't want to be in no major city without a car nowadays because all cities are spreading out. Especially if you live in the suburbs like I do. If you go to Dallas or Houston there suburbs are spread out too. They ride in cars too. Riding in a car and commuting to work everyday is normal in all major cities not just Atlanta, unless if you live in NYC or Chicago.

Quote:
But, that is in your region.

In the north, it has no reach. Morehouse has southeastern recognition, not nationwide. Do you not understand?

Well its sure is funny how alot of Northern kids go there

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Umm NYC has a metro of 21 million and a city of about 8 million and only a lil over a million people ride it a day so whats your point ????
I don't believe he has one. I always find it interesting that the most serious trolls never offer any personal experience or evidence of their assertions, nor do they even reveal their own origins or current location for fear of retort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City