Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:52 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

Here Everything's Better, Assuming You Want An H-E-B And Live in Burleson - Dallas News - Unfair Park

Old 01-27-2010, 04:03 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,188,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I think it's a matter of personal preference when it comes to discussing architecture.
This is true. It's not like we're talking about Atlanta's architecture vs Chicago's. I think in the architecture and design world, Dallas has a little more respect and influence between the two, but not by much.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:10 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
This is true. It's not like we're talking about Atlanta's architecture vs Chicago's. I think in the architecture and design world, Dallas has a little more respect and influence between the two, but not by much.
would you mind giving me an example of how you think so? im sorry but i just cant see how anyone would say dallas or houston has better architecture

Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
would you mind giving me an example of how you think so? im sorry but i just cant see how anyone would say dallas or houston has better architecture
Like we said, it's a personal preference. No need to get all argumenative about that. I like to dip my pizza in ranch dressing, others may prefer marinara sauce. We're not obigated to explain why.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Like we said, it's a personal preference. No need to get all argumenative about that. I like to dip my pizza in ranch dressing, others may prefer marinara sauce. We're not obigated to explain why.
no arguing, just simple discussion

Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,900 times
Quote:
im sorry but i just cant see how anyone would say dallas or houston has better architecture
Because all 3 cities really aren't that distinctively different in architecture enough to say that one or the other is obviously superior to another. Now if you were talking about NYC, Hong Kong, there's no contest. But come on now let's get real. All 3 have their pluses and minuses in architecture.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Because all 3 cities really aren't that distinctively different in architecture enough to say that one or the other is obviously superior to another. Now if you were talking about NYC, Hong Kong, there's no contest. But come on now let's get real. All 3 have their pluses and minuses in architecture.
they most certainly are distinct

compare bank of america-atlanta, bank of america-dallas, and heritage plaza-houston...tell me you don't see a difference

i'm really not here to argue about this or criticize someone's opinion. all im doing is asking for examples

Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Not really. Not that I'm an Atlanta expert or anything, but I haven't been all that impressed with the architecture or firms out of Atlanta. I think Atlanta's skyline is kind of over rated. I would say Houston is the best architecture over all of the three (Rice and UH, two of the best architecture programs in the country, might have something to do with that). I would say Houston definitely has the most interesting architectural history, if nothing else. Between Dallas/Fort Worth and Atlanta, I would have to say DFW.
I like picking on you.lol.NO!Houston has done a slight better job of preserving its archictectual history,but to say that it has better seems like you are not truly aware of Atlanta's past.That said Houston current or modern buildings are the least attractive and uninspiring of the three in my opinion.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
Well you have to go and taste Publix Teriyaki wings. OMG with the lemonade or a Arizona canned drink ,OMG, just thinking about them is making my mouth water.

but walmart sides taste alot better than publix sides.

and Kroger deli is disgusting, they use a sweet bread for sandwiches. yuck.
Man youre not kidding about Wal-Mart's sides!That potato salad is the only store bought kind that you don't have to spice it up to taste better!Its really good as is.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
they most certainly are distinct

compare bank of america-atlanta, bank of america-dallas, and heritage plaza-houston...tell me you don't see a difference

i'm really not here to argue about this or criticize someone's opinion. all im doing is asking for examples
Im with you.They are very distinct.Dallas and Atlanta are closser than Houston though.Houston's buildings are just all height.Not much stands out.

Take the top three buildings that are standouts in each city,and I guarrantee,All three of Atlanta's would win over any three in Houston or Dallas.

Last edited by afonega1; 01-27-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City