Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:41 AM

721 posts, read 1,793,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
No, trust me, most people are just jealous. They'll try and deny it using every distracting and random thing they can think up, distancing themselves as much as they possibly can from the jealousy factor, but it's always there, right underneath the surface.

If I didn't live in LA and lived in a place like Chicagno or NYPuh-leez, I'd be pretty damn discontent myself.
Haha, really? Chicago and NYC are pretty much the best cities in this Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 AM

981 posts, read 805,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
Haha, really? Chicago and NYC are pretty much the best cities in this Nation
I appreciate the Chicago pride. It must be hard, being the jealous little brother of NYC and LA. Don't worry, your time will come, little one.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:58 AM

141 posts, read 196,203 times
Quote:
If tourists are too idiotic to use maps and the freeway system, that's their own problem.

And, you speak as if not seeing the bad parts of NYC somehow erases them. It doesn't. They're still there, and the blight is extremely apparent.
LOL, you seem slow.

Now what does this apparent blight in the less savory parts of New York City have to do with someplace like,.... I don't know, Manhattan?

Do you really think a tourist will ever see a neighborhood like that? Hell, I live in Manhattan and I've never in my life seen a New York City ghetto! Well I think I might have peered over something on the highway on my way to JFK, but that's besides the point.

Wouldn't that pronounced isolation techincally erase them? Me worrying about the derelict neighborhoods in an unsavory neighborhood like South Bronx would be akin to me waking up in a cold sweat at night worrying about the ongoings in slums of Jakarta or Bangladesh! Totally irrelevant.

Point is, you can avoid them in New York, you can avoid them in London or Paris but you can't avoid them in LA. (Not that LA will ever reach the caliber of New York, London or Paris but you catch my drift.)

Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDGJFK View Post
LOL, you seem slow.

Now what does this apparent blight in the less savory parts of New York City have to do with someplace like,.... I don't know, Manhattan?

Do you really think a tourist will ever see a neighborhood like that? Hell, I live in Manhattan and I've never seen a New York City ghetto in my life! Well I think I might have peered over something on the highway on my way to JFK, but that's besides the point.

Wouldn't that pronounced isolation techincally erase them? Me worrying about the derelict neighborhoods in an unsavory neighborhood someplace real bad in South Bronx would be akin to me waking up in a cold sweat at night worrying about the ongoings in slums of Jakarta or Bangladesh! Totally irrelevant.

Point is, you can avoid them in New York, you can avoid them in London or Paris but you can't avoid them in LA. (Not that LA will ever reach the caliber of New York, London or Paris but you catch my drift.)
You have absolutely no point. You're basing the quality of city on how easy it is to avoid the blight, and how many tourists have an easier time eschewing it?! Come on now.

LA has reached the caliber of LA. We are in our own category, and there's no need for comparisons. LA speaks for itself.

BTW, put the jealousy away. I'm a bit tired of looking at it. It's not a good look.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:20 AM

141 posts, read 196,203 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no point. You're basing the quality of city on how easy it is to avoid the blight, and how many tourists have an easier time eschewing it?! Come on now.

LA has reached the caliber of LA. We are in our own category, and there's no need for comparisons. LA speaks for itself.

BTW, put the jealousy away. I'm a bit tired of looking at it. It's not a good look.
You are just so ridiculous.

Did I upset you or is it a lack of basic primary school comprehension skills? You're in Los Angeles, se habla espanol?

My first post in this entire thread was to explain why tourists generally form negative opinions of LA. I never stated what I personally thought of LA, now did I? That would be a resounding no.

Time for me toss out my Detroit and LA jealousy cards I guess.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM

721 posts, read 1,793,795 times
Quote:
I appreciate the Chicago pride. It must be hard, being the jealous little brother of NYC and LA. Don't worry, your time will come, little one.
Chicago and L.A are actual Fraternal Twins with a much larger older brother named New York.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDGJFK View Post
You are just so ridiculous.

Did I upset you or is it a lack of basic primary school comprehension skills? You're in Los Angeles, se habla espanol?

My first post in this entire thread was to explain why tourists generally form negative opinions of LA. I never stated what I personally thought of LA, now did I? That would be a resounding no.

Time for me toss out my Detroit and LA jealousy cards I guess.
How could I be upset? It just goes to show how jealous people really are when they have to bring up tourists and their oh-so-horrid attempts to navigate a new city in order to justify bashing a city.

BTW, LA is home to people from more than 140 countries speaking 224 different identified languages. Just thought your jealous NYC sensibilities should be made privy to facts instead of assumptions, which you appear to be quite fond of.

If there's anything else you'd like to bore me with, please, be my guest. Otherwise, yes, put your jealousy card away. It's been played far too much, even for you.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dncr View Post
Chicago and L.A are actual Fraternal Twins with a much larger older brother named New York.
Oh, how ambitious of you. Keep reaching for those stars.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,775 times
This list is pretty odd. Seoul? What could possibly be so bad about Seoul, aside from the things you'd find in any major East Asian city?

And how do you hate a place that you have no connection to? I can hate Detroit because I have to put up with it, but how could I hate Los Angeles, even if it is a place I hypothetically would not like to live?

Old 01-02-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
This list is pretty odd. Seoul? What could possibly be so bad about Seoul, aside from the things you'd find in any major East Asian city?

And how do you hate a place that you have no connection to? I can hate Detroit because I have to put up with it, but how could I hate Los Angeles, even if it is a place I hypothetically would not like to live?
Because there are tourists who apparently can't handle driving through the blight! For God's sake man! Haven't you met these mysterious tourists? Haven't they converted you to hating LA with their mystical anecdotes of navigating Los Angeles' seedy neighborhoods and becoming disenchanted?? Surely, you've come across them. Surely.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City