Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 PM

327 posts, read 1,050,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Philly over LA?

LOL, yes, you probably should move.
you should try moving and explore the rest of the country before you try to shove this whole LA thing down everyones throats...come to NYC metro and check it out you might like it, but leave that whole LA thing at home we arnt as relaxed as you west coast folk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM

981 posts, read 805,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
you should try moving and explore the rest of the country before you try to shove this whole LA thing down everyones throats...come to NYC metro and check it out you might like it, but leave that whole LA thing at home we arnt as relaxed as you west coast folk
I've been to NYC and I like it - I never said it wasn't a great place (to visit). That doesn't mean I'd choose it over LA, however.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:42 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,562,233 times
Quote:
Philly over LA?
That'd be my choice. I'm all about the east coast. LA just doesn't do it for me, although I get why some people like it.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
That'd be my choice. I'm all about the east coast. LA just doesn't do it for me, although I get why some people like it.
Again, have you been there? You didn't answer my question.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I don't recall you asking me that question, but yes I have been to LA.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:48 PM

7 posts, read 10,019 times
Quote:
Dude no offense but LA is no where better than NYC or Philadelphia

How about you explore more.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Have you ever been to LA, and, if so, how long did you actually stay?
Oh, I see. Sorry, I missed this. I've got relatives out in LA who I've stayed with on a number of occasions, and have spent some time there during vacations and trips out west. It was an OK place to visit--I liked the Getty, for instance--and the proximity to the beach was nice. But the city itself did absolutely nothing for me. Sorry.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM

403 posts, read 1,394,232 times
I understand why LA gets a lot of flak, particularly from the east coast. For one, LA for all of it's hype and glamour doesn't fit our preconcieved noitions of what a city portrayed as such SHOULD look like. We get to Los angeles, take a look at the freeways, the small downtown, the sprawl of the valley and write it off, dismissing the entire region as some sort of a social hoax. I too fell victim to this mentality. I'm originally from Boston and craved the vibrancy and glamour we come to expect from manhattan and hollywood. What I found when arriving in LA was a completly different city.

10 years later and now living in manhattan, I have since gone back to LA and found my response to be quite different. LA never claimed to be NYC, it never once misrepresented itself. is it different? absolutely. A whole different lifestyle. No 3am cab rides texting in the back rockin the latest gear before jetting to a rooftop party in the west village. no, LA is laid back. It's SUNNY. It's sunglasses in december relaxing in Santa Monica, sitting at an outdoor cafe. It's privacy, being able to stay fit, eat well (great produce), and still have a TON of amenities around. There is still a tremndous amount of opportunity in LA, a ton of industry, and all of the culture and options that come from being the nations second biggest city. I don't think I could ever permenently live in LA again, but 3 months a year? Hell Yeah. The natural beauty, the weather, and yes, the amenities give it a nod. NYC will be waiting. For all of NY's strengths (and I do belive its the only US city to truly compete on a global level) it has it's drawbacks. It's crowded, expensive, cold and tough. Things are easier in LA.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
I don't recall you asking me that question, but yes I have been to LA.
I asked you several posts back.

Where did you go in LA, and how long did you stay? What did you see, do, etc?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKBOY View Post
Dude no offense but LA is no where better than NYC or Philadelphia

How about you explore more.
I mentioned that I have visited NYC. I have also been to Philly.

LA trumps both for me, although NYC is nice. I like the east coast, but nothing in the country compares to LA. That's just the truth of the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City