Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you like better?
St Louis 77 35.65%
Denver 139 64.35%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times

Advertisements

Nice! Your catching up to us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Busted! I thought you just joined City-Data a couple of months ago? Oh right, you're really D-Town 720 with a new username. I think it's amazing, after all the cities you've supposedly lived in (SF, Oakland, Sac) and all the cities you've supposedly visited (NYC, DC, Philly), that you still think Denver is the greatest city on Earth. Despite what you believe, I don't hate Denver. I simply think it's way overrated in many areas. For outdoor recreation, it's tops along with Seattle and Portland. However, people try to sell Denver as some world class city, when the only reason it can seem that way is because it's so isolated. Of course people from Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas are going to think it's the Manhattan of the West, they're from Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. It leaves a lot to be desired in terms of over all urban feel and layout.

Denver was a completely different place when I lived there as a kid. I grew up in "North Denver" in the area now known as West Highlands. At that time it was mostly Italians, Mexicans, hippies, and artsy bohemian types living in the neighborhood, and it wasn't considered the greatest neighborhood by any means. Now that's easily considered the most desirable part of Denver. Yuppies sucked all the character out of that city. There's still remnants of local character like the Stock Show, Casa Bonita, and Lakeside Amusement Park, but over all Denver is a shell of it's former self. After all the Californians moved to Denver following the Northridge earthquake is when it really started going downhill.
Dude thats not me I am here.....

Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,592,605 times
Wait, why is Denver winning by this much?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Because it is the superior city. Is there ANY city st. louis would beat? detroit, cleveland (maybe), gary, flint. I know the lou has its good points, but please, it does not compete with Denver! Look at the poll for proof of this.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,180,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Because it is the superior city. Is there ANY city st. louis would beat? detroit, cleveland (maybe), gary, flint. I know the lou has its good points, but please, it does not compete with Denver! Look at the poll for proof of this.
This is such an elitist post. I hope all people in Denver don't feel this way. St. Louis is such a misunderstood city.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 PM

976 posts, read 2,241,836 times
st. louis has more urban soul in its pinky finger than all of the mountain states combined.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slengel View Post
st. louis has more urban soul in its pinky finger than all of the mountain states combined.
And the mountain states have more beauty than the ENTIRE mid-west!!!!

wanna go there, let's do it. you will lose ha! ha! ha.!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
Pot shots are starting to be taken - please play nice, folks.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:40 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Right. Because preconceived notions are just as concrete as actual facts. Most of the people voting for Denver have never even been there.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:42 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
And the mountain states have more beauty than the ENTIRE mid-west!!!!

wanna go there, let's do it. you will lose ha! ha! ha.!
Beauty is subjective. Any place without a substantial body of water is ugly and unappealing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City