Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has a better skyline?
Atlanta 196 52.27%
Miami 179 47.73%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM

38 posts, read 190,408 times

Advertisements

Atlanta's skyline is taller, prettier, and more spread out. Miami's growth has boomed while Atlanta's growth is getting bigger. In ten years, the Atlanta metro will have 10 million residents.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 AM

228 posts, read 460,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorector View Post
Atlanta's skyline is taller, prettier, and more spread out. Miami's growth has boomed while Atlanta's growth is getting bigger. In ten years, the Atlanta metro will have 10 million residents.
Not just the metro will grow. The city of Atlanta could get close to 1 million residents. Not to mention the fact that downtown and midtown will be mostly connected between then and 20 yrs from now.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
bull ****. Miami has a better skyline. no questions asked. Its ranked 3rd in the nation.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:31 AM

882 posts, read 2,244,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You just reinforce what I just said, Miami 30th tallest is not one the tallest buliding in Miami, Atlanta 16th is not one of the tallest buliding in Atlanta. I said If you want to say Miami is taller outside the top ten go a head. but Atlanta's tallest vs Miami's tallest straight up, Atlanta is taller.
I got my point across, yet i dont know why you have to keep repeating yourself.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:01 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
I prefer Atlanta's skyline for many reasons. I do like the fact that Atlanta's skyline is separated in several areas. Houston is the same way. I love the fact that it is sprawled. Most people do not like sprawl cities but I do.
Miami has plenty of Sprawl thats for sure. Downtown and Midtown and then hey just cross the Bay and "Miami's" skyline goes 20 miles North up the coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Mami has more buliding in it's skyline but is not taller than Atlanta's. Atlanta has 3 buliding taller than Mami first, Bank of America Plaza, SunTrust Plaza and One Atlantic Center all are taller than Mami's tallest the Four Seasons Hotel Miami. Than Atlanta's 4th tallest buliding the 191 Peachtree Tower is taller then Miami's 2nd the Wachovia Financial Center. Atlanta's 5th tallest buliding the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel is taller than Miami 3rd Marquis Residences & Hotel. Last Atlanta's 10th tallest buliding 1180 Peachtree is taller than Mami's 4th the 900 Biscayne Bay.

That is the most raddom thing to say a skyline is not better just cause it's near water. Than people hate on Atlanta too for other reasons so don't even play that card. You don't even know how this poll will turn out. It's basically Miami's density and more towers Vs. Atlanta's architecture and height.
First how is talking about Miami's location on the water random? Landscape is part of the skyline just like Seattle's Mountains, or New York's Rvivers.

Yes Atlanta has taller top buildings but as others have posted once you go out of the top 10 Miami kills Atlanta in height and that is why it is overall ranked taller 3rd in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I should also say that while Miami has a nice skyline, it has always struck me as a bigger version ofBuckhead. This is especially true since most of the skyscrapers in Buckhead are condos just like Miami. Nothing in Miami compares to the size and grandeur of the Atlanta CBD (Downtown/Midtown) (1)(2)(3)(4)
Bigger Version of Buckhead are you kidding me? I agree Atlanta does have bigger and some nicer buildings but overall Miami's height and density beats Atlanta's. Its all up to personal opinion which one looks best.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:27 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
I thought Miami had a 900 footer u/c, and two 800 footers, one 700 footer, two 600 footers, and two more 500 footers.

That would help it look taller, and it has 3 supertalls proposed or approved.

Now i dont know if this is still accurate or not, but thats what i got from right now.
Nope, the tallest building in Miami/South Florida is the Westin

Four Seasons Hotel Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-03-2010, 01:33 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,165,333 times
Being that I've seen Miami and Atlanta in person and in pictures, I must say that Atlanta's skyline is definitely the better of the two cities; regardless of time of day.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:38 PM

631 posts, read 1,227,699 times
I love my Hometown of miami. But Miami's skyline is is not that empressive to me its more dense than Atlanta but the buildings I dont look there not interesting to look at.. Kinda looks like honolulu or something like that RIO somewhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City