Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I like this picture!
To some of the earlier posters who said that Seattle is more beautiful than Denver ore Seattle...thats your opinion...because I would argue that The only thing Seattle has over the other two when it comes to Natural beauty is More trees and A water front (that you can't even see when you're driving around the city).

My order to live in would be...
Denver, Phoenix, and then Seattle.
Now find a picture of Denver during the winter (sans snow) facing the other way.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Now find a picture of Denver during the winter (sans snow) facing the other way.
Either way, i still think Denver is one of the most beautiful cities in the US!! When you grow up around Brownish landsape, you learn to like it i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Either way, i still think Denver is one of the most beautiful cities in the US!! When you grow up around Brownish landsape, you learn to like it i guess.
Haha, no facing east!!!

I appreciate Denver for what it is, but IMO Seattle is prettier (yeah, I'm a sucker for the green).

Old 12-11-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Haha, no facing east!!!

I appreciate Denver for what it is, but IMO Seattle is prettier (yeah, I'm a sucker for the green).
No doubt that Seattle is a beautiful city...but its not the only beautiful city! And besides having water, i think the other two are very comparable.

And hey..atleast Denver has 4-5 months out of the year where the landscaping is somewhat-very green..right?

Last edited by Mezter; 12-11-2011 at 11:32 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
No doubt that Seattle is a beautiful city...but its not the only beautiful city! And besides having water, i think the other two are very comparable.

And hey..atleast Denver has 4-5 months out of the year where the landscaping is somewhat-very green..right?
I agree, every city can be beautiful in a way.

Nah, IMO Denver at is greenest doesn't compare to what the Pacific Northwest looks like year round. When I go quickly from one to the other, the difference is astounding.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I agree, every city can be beautiful in a way.

Nah, IMO Denver at is greenest doesn't compare to what the Pacific Northwest looks like year round. When I go quickly from one to the other, the difference is astounding.
I know what you mean...when i go from Denver to houston, It is alittle shocking..but Imo, the only thing that makes Seattle appear to be Incrediblely green is not only the consistent drizzle..but also The pine trees (which are green year round).

Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 AM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
I'll be spending the whole month of March 2012 in Denver before moving on to New Mexico later in the spring. I guess I can count seeing all four seasons in that month judging by the weather related posts I've seen in this thread. Denver seems to be in a unique position to pick up on all the continental weather influences, cold down from Canada, warm moisture from the Gulf, and arid warmth from the Desert Southwest. I've been a few times. I think its an attractive area with some beautiful spots. Coming from back east I do find the setting of Denver to be quite the spectacle. Leaving the airport entering the city surrounded by the wide open spacious plains with the skyline in view and a big wall of mountains as a backdrop is pretty stunning. The urban character of the place seems like a combination of Midwest, Southwest, and Northwest elements. LoDo reminds me of Kansas City or St. Louis, Highlands Ranch looks like Southern California or Phoenix suburb, Washington Park reminds me of Seattle. I guess its somewhat of an apex between the three regions juxtiposed as the hub of the Rocky Mountain region.

I do have to say as much as I like Denver it really doesn't tug at my heartstrings like Seattle does. Seattle just has quite a bit more romantic character about it. It probably has a lot ot do with the nautical charm and the greenery mixed in. Seattle also has a more vibrant downtown, and a GORGEOUS SKYLINE. Denver's skyline is ...meh, well it's OK. I also think Seattle is more of a trendsetter than the other two (music, coffee, culinary, technology etc.). I do however look forward to spending time in Denver again; it's like an old friend to me (perhaps because my best friend lives there). I use to live in Seattle and the city feels like an ex that I still pine for every now and then but have moved on from.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 12-12-2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old 12-12-2011, 10:31 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
I would think Seattle is the most urban of the cities . Seattle has the most big city attractions. Most cities have zoos , children museums, and gardens but Seattle goes way beyond that. Seattle has several world classs museums. The Museum Of Flight and Space is one of the largest and top museums in the world, The Science Fiction Hall Of Fame, The E.M.P, The Lemay Car Museum one of the largest and largest car colllections in the world and will be largest in the world when they finish phase three. There is also two of the top glass museums in the world and the Alaska Yukon Museum downtown Seattle ran by the National Parks. Last count I heard from travel and leisure magazine Seattle had 167 museums.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:10 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
I would think Seattle is the most urban of the cities . Seattle has the most big city attractions. Most cities have zoos , children museums, and gardens but Seattle goes way beyond that. Seattle has several world classs museums. The Museum Of Flight and Space is one of the largest and top museums in the world, The Science Fiction Hall Of Fame, The E.M.P, The Lemay Car Museum one of the largest and largest car colllections in the world and will be largest in the world when they finish phase three. There is also two of the top glass museums in the world and the Alaska Yukon Museum downtown Seattle ran by the National Parks. Last count I heard from travel and leisure magazine Seattle had 167 museums.
Without a doubt. Like Vancouver and other cities, Seattle has both the blessing and curse of not really having much room to sprawl out, so there hasn't been much of a choice but to urbanize and have more dense growth. Denver & Phoenix unfortunately don't have the same problem

Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Denver and Phoenix don't only have children museums.
Denver Museum of Nature and Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Denver Art Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Dare i say it...but i think Downtown Denver has Just as much to do as Downtown Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City