Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city has the most vibrant caribbean culture
new york city 23 25.27%
maimi 67 73.63%
boston 0 0%
new jersey 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:46 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,401,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
It would make NYC a clear winner.

NYC's Puerto Rican and Dominican population BLOWS Miami out of the water.

So you have DR + PR VS Cuba....
miami is 60 percent hispanic , nyc is not 60 percent hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Miami OWNS NYC in EVERY OTHER Latin category by MANY. Miami has more Brazilians, Venezuelans, Columbian, Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Mexicans, Argentinians, Nicaraguans, etc than NY. Florida has a significantly higher Hispanic population than NY state, and Miami's Latino population is BY FAR more diverse than NYC's. Have you been to Florida?
miami has more mexicans then nyc? are you sure?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
miami has more mexicans then nyc? are you sure?
Does NYC have that many Mexicans? I mean, I lived in TX for 8yrs, so "alot" of Mexicans is relative I guess. But I'm a MILLION percent sure that the state of Florida has more Mexicans than NY, and I read an article about ALOT of wealthy Mexicans moving to Miami in order to escape the violent drug cartels in Mexico, and how Miami is becoming a NEW haven for Mexicans. There are areas of Dade County that are known, small blue collar Mexican enclaves, like Sweetwater FL.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Does NYC have that many Mexicans? I mean, I lived in TX for 8yrs, so "alot" of Mexicans is relative I guess. But I'm a MILLION percent sure that the state of Florida has more Mexicans than NY, and I read an article about ALOT of wealthy Mexicans moving to Miami in order to escape the violent drug cartels in Mexico, and how Miami is becoming a NEW haven for Mexicans. There are areas of Dade County that are known, small blue collar Mexican enclaves, like Sweetwater FL.
i guess you never been to nyc , nyc is filled with mexicans , you can find mexicans living in huge numbers in nearly all of areas in nyc , i think the only areas you wont find Mexicans are the suburban type areas like canarsie , Georgetown , mill basin , riverdale(bronx) , southern queens etc.

after dominicans and puerto ricans mexicans are the third largest hispanic group in nyc and growing.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i guess you never been to nyc , nyc is filled with mexicans , you can find mexicans living in huge numbers in nearly all of areas in nyc , i think the only areas you wont find Mexicans are the suburban type areas like canarsie , Georgetown , mill basin , riverdale(bronx) , southern queens etc.

after dominicans and puerto ricans mexicans are the third largest hispanic group in nyc and growing.
I would have never thought. NYC and Mexicans never crossed my mind.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,213 times
Default *double check*

Quote:
Now that is a HUGE percent! lol jk

Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,044,577 times
Quote:
Yeah, there are ALOT of Mexicans in NYC. You see them everywhere.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
mexicans are all over nyc u can spot em just as easily as white or black person.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
i had to go with miami. while nyc has a huge caribbean scene, it has every other scene as well. miami is almost exclusively caribbean and the tropical weather gives it the authentic feel. that gives it the edge.

although.... new jersey does have wyclef

Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yeah, there are ALOT of Mexicans in NYC. You see them everywhere.
Detailed Tables - American FactFinder

Mexicans only make-up 2.5% of NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City