Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,939 times

Advertisements

But wait................................where's SanFran?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I'm just guessing, but Orange County is where Disneyland is - maybe that skewed the figures somehow? There is also a major convention center there too, in Anahiem (very near Disney).
Thats probably it, it's just weird that Los Angeles isn't listed like the other cities are seeing as LA is not in OC.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,992,041 times
Houston ahead of Philly?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Houston ahead of Philly?
The Medical Center is to blame for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
But wait................................where's SanFran?
This one's easy to answer; the bay area in general gets a lot of visitors, but it's split between all of it's cities. San Jose and it's suburbs, Oakland and it's suburbs, and San Francisco and it's suburbs. Remember they all have their own airports, which makes it possible for you to not have to go to San Francisco to visit the Bay Area, MHO.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Remember, this is a top 10, there are many other cities probably in the top 20 like SF.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Lol, I would feel bad for San Deigo if they did. Holy crap... Chicago gets more visitors then LA?!
Chicago's main advantage is that it's the only city of its scale for an entire region of the U.S. LA competes with Vegas, SD, Bay Area, Phoenix, etc. Chicago competes with... no place. At least not nearby for the kind of experience it delivers. Toronto would be an exception but now you need a passport to go there.

2,419 posts, read 4,720,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The Medical Center is to blame for that.

This one's easy to answer; the bay area in general gets a lot of visitors, but it's split between all of it's cities. San Jose and it's suburbs, Oakland and it's suburbs, and San Francisco and it's suburbs. Remember they all have their own airports, which makes it possible for you to not have to go to San Francisco to visit the Bay Area, MHO.
Taking a trip to the bay area without seeing SF would be like going to the Delaware Valley without seeing Philly. It makes no sense.

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Remember, this is a top 10, there are many other cities probably in the top 20 like SF.
Definitely amigo, but this list just came out and hit me hard with shocking facts. In more ways than just one.

Yeahhh read my last post for San Francisco, in the Bay Area, everyone's popular, Palo Alto gets so much recognition, I hear it's name more than the largest city in the Bay Area (San Jose). Mountain View, and all these people really cut into San Francisco's tourism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Taking a trip to the bay area without seeing SF would be like going to the Delaware Valley without seeing Philly. It makes no sense.
^^ I already have done that, I go there so often to visit my cousin in San Jose, the most recent times we don't even go to San Francisco anymore, we just check out places near San Jose over and over...

Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
I read on forbes that they calculated it using MSA's. But then why is it Orange county not LA? who knows.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Seriously though it's hard to trust sites with stats sometimes especially one like Forbes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City