Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which mall is better?
NorthPark Center 28 50.00%
Houston Galleria 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times

Advertisements

Houston Galleria

The surrounding architecture is very futuristic looking (skyscrapers, chrome "floating" street signs, arches, & stop lights) even though the mall itself is 45 years old.

Northpark if you like an older look & modern art galleries. I personally don't like the fact there are so many surface lots around the mall & they're in much needed repair. Houston's Galleria is almost all new or recently renovated multi-level (6-7 level) parking garages.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston Galleria

The surrounding architecture is very futuristic looking (skyscrapers, chrome "floating" street signs, arches, & stop lights) even though the mall itself is 45 years old.

Northpark if you like an older look & modern art galleries. I personally don't like the fact there are so many surface lots around the mall & they're in much needed repair. Houston's Galleria is almost all new or recently renovated multi-level (6-7 level) parking garages.
NorthPark Center have new parking garages that was built when the mall was expanded.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
I dunno boy what in their food court? a ham sandwich? taters? chick fil a? what a burger? taco bell? sbarro? need me some upscale dining i tell you

Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I dunno boy what in their food court? a ham sandwich? taters? chick fil a? what a burger? taco bell? sbarro? need me some upscale dining i tell you
Are you talking about NorthPark or The Galleria?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Are you talking about NorthPark or The Galleria?
either, what is a mall thread without a food court battle

Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
either, what is a mall thread without a food court battle
NorthPark has a good food court, the mall didn't have a food court until the mall was expanded.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
NorthPark has a good food court, the mall didn't have a food court until the mall was expanded.
do you have a list on hand? I was not able to google it. Having Macy's or Dillards is one thing, but what you going to do when you got a car full of rascals and need to fill up their bellys?

Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
do you have a list on hand? I was not able to google it. Having Macy's or Dillards is one thing, but what you going to do when you got a car full of rascals and need to fill up their bellys?
Panda express, tin star taco bar, sonic, the original soup man, cold stone creamery, great American cookies, jamba juice, hibachi-san, which wich, chick-fil-A, snappy salids, famous famiglia, and paciugo italian gelato.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Which mall is better?

NorthPark Center
Built 1965
2,000,000 sq ft
Anchors: Dillard's, Macy's, Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, and AMC Theaters 15

Houston Galleria
Built 1970
2,400,000 sq ft
Anchors: 2 Macy's, Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue
There is a Dillard's across the street from The Galleria. Complete with a pedestrian stop-light on Post Oak Blvd.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Quote:
Boy, you best be gettin on one them horses goin through them drive throughs in one them big malls. Now imma tell you how it be done down here in the lone stah state, you get on one them horses 'ya heard? you go to one them malls then you park your horse outside in one them mall ranches, you walk into the big room with airconditioning, then you give your 10 gallon hat to the man at the door. He gonna lock it up just nice while you go shop, then you go to one them foot court things, after that you choose the place with the best biscuits cause boy them biscuits with one them golden ranch dipping sauce be like a ho down in your mouth. Now after all that you go to one them MickyD's and do an all you can eat buffet for less than $1.

Then at the end of your day you get on your horse and ride till you cant see the sun no moh. Yippie yippie yeee hawwww!!

So now that I explained to you what shopping in a mall here is like? I bet you can't even wait to get a horse of your own and try it out, huh?

ROFL, aren't stereotypes fun everyone?

Last edited by DANNYY; 05-29-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City