Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which mall is better?
NorthPark Center 28 50.00%
Houston Galleria 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:47 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
But you keep posting though :; You clicked, you cared.
So true. I wish we did a thread about the comparison of some other shopping type stores like maybe Microcenter!!! What about all us tech people? Haha, anyone seen that Jonny Dang place in the Houston Galleria? That place is freaky.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
That's why I like South Coast Plaza so much. I regard it as the nation's best in terms of shopping because it really has pretty much EVERYTHING under one roof and is still growing with more stores.
When I was in Orange County, I couldn't think of anything else besides the two malls to visit that were not tourist traps (Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyworld are geared towards little kids and are money-intensive). I wondered why there are two luxury malls (like in Dallas) but as soon as I was on the 2nd floor of the E-W hallway at South Coast, I immediately could tell the difference. SCP is the luxury haute couture mall while Fashion Island is geared towards ordinary everyday wear (like Memorial City Mall). The architecture of that hallway reminded me of the pre-renovation Galleria I, railings and everything.

I couldn't believe the amount of luxury stores in that one hallway--it had designers I never saw in the Galleria and had lots of them along with ones with Galleria stores. The stores seemed to have more floor space than the Galleria. I can't imagine driving from one mall to another with the confusing road system and the horrendous traffic jams.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 PM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
Only a Texan would create a battle of the malls thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
Get a life.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
Don't get made because you couldn't think of it first!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM

19 posts, read 21,320 times
I gotta go along with poster that said "get a life". The only thing the OP seems to post about is some variation of shopping in Dallas. So my question to the OP is, and I have asked this before, have you ever been anywhere besides Dallas? You offer up these comparative threads, but don't seem to possess any knowledge of anything outside of Dallas.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar1963 View Post
I gotta go along with poster that said "get a life". The only thing the OP seems to post about is some variation of shopping in Dallas. So my question to the OP is, and I have asked this before, have you ever been anywhere besides Dallas? You offer up these comparative threads, but don't seem to possess any knowledge of anything outside of Dallas.
I have been to 13 states.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM

19 posts, read 21,320 times
Have you been to Houston, and more specifically, the Galleria in Houston? Or in your travels, have you visited any other upscale malls or department stores? If so, I would be interested to hear which ones and how you think they compare to Northpark.,

Old 06-05-2010, 12:00 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
I like both. The ice rink in the Galleria is cool. In Northpark believe it or not it seems like no other with all the beautiful artwork everywhere. Plus the fashion shows are pretty nice. Plus the best Barney's I've ever been to.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:16 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Can you imagine if Foley's built the Houston Galleria store in 1973 instead of 2003? I wonder what that building would look like. Hopefully it wouldn't be like the red brick Macy's (old Bullock's) in South Coast but more than likely would actually end up like that (due to architectural tastes).

I prefer the late '60s Brutalist colonades of the Bloomingdales in South Coast and Fashion Island. The Northwest and Almeda Foley's stores are similar to those Bloomingdale's stores and if you look closely, they are not perfect curves but the left curve is funkier than the right. I noticed that the old Foley's logo was an "f" and that was incorporated in the façade of those two period stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City