Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
It is different.

Being black is not a liabilty(F**k the cops) we are the original man

You can tell yourself that... its not any more true than that gays have been around since man has been around.

Tell me this: Why do black men get taught this ****ed up image of masculinity by the media and by our own community that basically guarantees we'll accomplish absolutely nothing? Why are we taught to embrace ignorance? What makes us any different from the racist rednecks (and those in law enforcement) that we despise?

If we want respect we have to earn it... the first step to earning it is by not bull****ting ourselves of the fact that hypocrites can't move forward. If you expect other people to not take one look at you and assume you're a stupid ****a then you can't do the same to gays or anybody else for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
You can tell yourself that... its not any more true than that gays have been around since man has been around.

Tell me this: Why do black men get taught this ****ed up image of masculinity by the media and by our own community that basically guarantees we'll accomplish absolutely nothing? Why are we taught to embrace ignorance? What makes us any different from the racist rednecks (and those in law enforcement) that we despise?

If we want respect we have to earn it... the first step to earning it is by not bull****ting ourselves of the fact that hypocrites can't move forward. If you expect other people to not take one look at you and assume you're a stupid ****a then you can't do the same to gays or anybody else for that matter.
Have some pride.

If it wasn't for our forefathers that died none of this would be around.

People can assume whateva they want, I don't care, they see it in my eyes, they know who I am

Old 06-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Have some pride.

If it wasn't for our forefathers that died none of this would be around.
****a please. I'm living in the city that created the Black Panthers. I live about 15 minutes away from where Oscar Grant got executed by the BART police. I also live in the city where 4 cops got killed. Do I want that cop who shot Oscar Grant to get the book thrown at him? Him along with a long list of cops that have ****ed with the black community for the sake of ****ing with the black community in Oakland. Do I condone the cop killings that happened 3 months later? No. Do I understand why Mixon killed the 4 cops? Yes. Did he have a good reason? He had no better of a reason to kill the 4 cops than Officer Mehserle did to kill Oscar Grant. Mixon didn't know those cops from adam and the cops he killed were clean as a whistle... if he was angry at the cops then why didn't he show his support at the Oscar Grant rallies? Oh yeah, he was in jail.

I have plenty of pride for what our forefathers did. I have no pride for bigotry.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
****a please. I'm living in the city that created the Black Panthers. I live about 15 minutes away from where Oscar Grant got executed by the BART police. I also live in the city where 4 cops got killed. Do I want that cop who shot Oscar Grant to get the book thrown at him? Him along with a long list of cops that have ****ed with the black community for the sake of ****ing with the black community in Oakland. Do I condone the cop killings that happened 3 months later? No. Do I understand why Mixon killed the 4 cops? Yes. Did he have a good reason? He had no better of a reason to kill the 4 cops than Officer Mehserle did to kill Oscar Grant. Mixon didn't know those cops from adam and the cops he killed were clean as a whistle... if he was angry at the cops then why didn't he show his support at the Oscar Grant rallies? Oh yeah, he was in jail.

I have plenty of pride for what our forefathers did. I have no pride for bigotry.
I can only wish I was blessed with the strength and fortitude to murder them bumbaclot. Lets leave it alone though cuz thats too deep for CD. I have nuthin against you and your kind(MLK uncle toms).

So. I perfer tampa over the bay

Old 06-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I can only wish I was blessed with the strength and fortitude to murder them bumbaclot. Lets leave it alone though cuz thats too deep for CD. I have nuthin against you and your kind(MLK uncle toms).

So. I perfer tampa over the bay

Did you really just call MLK an Uncle Tom? Talking about forefathers who probably did more for your black *** than you...

Yea, I'll leave this alone.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 PM

515 posts, read 986,156 times
Are there any moderators here?

Old 06-06-2010, 10:03 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
I can't believe someone is actually comparing these two cities.

Why don't we have Tampa face Boston next

Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
^ It's all opinion, I know many people who would rather live in Tampa than Boston.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ It's all opinion, I know many people who would rather live in Tampa than Boston.
Don't get me wrong. I actually would prefer Tampa to Boston as well (cheaper living, more laid back atmosphere, great beaches and NO SNOW!)

I just get the sense that the same people who like Tampa aren't the same people that would dig SanFran or Boston, so it's seems kinda pointless to compare the two cities.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
Tampa.. No Way In hell I'd think about San Fransisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City