Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:20 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,935,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well no one has said that Paris has nothing on SF, but San Francisco almost always beats Paris and New York and London and Tokyo in surveys of worldwide cities taken by thousands of readers. Conde Nast and Travel + Leisure are the two most respected such surveys and SF is always near the very top of their world rankings. They have a better time in SF than in the others and I don't blame them for feeling that way to be honest. SF is more human in scale, more naturally stunning, has a climate that really beats the others, has a charm and vitality to it that is very unique and apparently most people agree with me on that.
I AGREE 100. Word for Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM

515 posts, read 986,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
If the drinks are on me(which they almost always are), I don't think they're going to care.
So you buy peoples' friendship? Sad.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,722,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well no one has said that Paris has nothing on SF, but San Francisco almost always beats Paris and New York and London and Tokyo in surveys of worldwide cities taken by thousands of readers. Conde Nast and Travel + Leisure are the two most respected such surveys and SF is always near the very top of their world rankings. They have a better time in SF than in the others and I don't blame them for feeling that way to be honest. SF is more human in scale, more naturally stunning, has a climate that really beats the others, has a charm and vitality to it that is very unique and apparently most people agree with me on that.
Most people actually know very little about SanFran.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
So you buy peoples' friendship? Sad.
Naw, I just like to have a good time.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Another reason to add that Tampa is more like San Diego is because Tampa gets overshadowed by Miami and San Diego gets overshadowed by Los Angeles.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Forida's beaches are alot better than Cali's. In Florida you can actually go in the water.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Don't kid yourself, Greater LA casts a shadow over all of Cali, SF included.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Most people actually know very little about SanFran.
Actually, San Francisco has a more distinct image and is more iconic than all but 1 or 2 American cities. Maybe 3.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
I would'nt say San Francisco gets overshadowed by LA, it's pretty much doing it's own thing and gets it's own respect.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times
Quote:
I'm sincere, its a good comparison just like Philly and San Diego

They are both Bay cities, but are polar opposites the same way that Philly and San Diego are both in the shadow of giants, but are also polar opposites.

Which one you perfer is simply a matter of taste.
Whoa don't bring my thread into this. San Diego and Philadelphia actually are good comparisons. At least their population range is in the same ball park.

Their lifestyles are polar opposites, their scenery as well, and everything else.

Comparing Tampa to San Francisco is like comparing Albuquerque (no offense, it's a beautiful city) to Phoenix. You just can't do that.

And by the way, this thread was made so that way you could hate on San Francisco. Ironic much, that you wail on SF all the time, then make this thread comparing two cities in different ball parks, and then you say you're for Tampa and state that you love SF, only to have someone post your previous posts about how much you hate it?

WTH, dude put the bottle of Vodka down and start drinking more water before you get on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City