Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,837,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
Most people haven't brought up the fact that the OP is of mixed race.
Maybe OP could join a gang?

Spoiler
This is a (possibly borderline) joke.

Last edited by L2DB; 03-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Also, why isn't this thread locked?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM

15 posts, read 54,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindarogers View Post
Wow! The very first weekend we went out after we moved to Lakewood, we met another couple sitting at the bar in (at that time) 3 Birds restaurant. They were waiting for a table also. We struck up a conversation, ate dinner together and had exchanged numbers by the time we left. We have been having a great time in Cleveland ever since. If anyone has a bad time, it's on them I think. Or they have the worst luck ever. What a shame.
It's different for couples, also while I don't want to harp on a race or something I bet the two couples you met were of the same race as you were, because that's a big part of Cleveland. It's very different for a single guy, and mind you I am not your typical White or Black guy so when I talk to people, they give me a vibe that they hate immigrants and that I am not welcome here, quite funny considering that CWRU and the Cleveland Hospital both have tons of immigrants that aren't necessarily White or Black.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Rich View Post
Your favorite thing to do is go to Beachwood? Really? There's tons of stuff going on in Cleveland, but it sounds like you're just a lame person.
Seems like the only thing people in Cleveland are capable of are personal attacks.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Bimmer, why would you even bother?

I'll make all of the assumptions I please, mallboy. But, really, it sounds like you are infatuated with southern cities which present the illusion of diversity (i.e. they have a lot of hispanics). So, by all means, please move to one of them. The faster the better. Go, go, go... Don't waste another second. Quite clearly, nobody will miss you.
Most Southern cities are up and coming right now, compare cities like Austin, Charlotte etc and you would find that they are among the cities that most people are going into, while Cleveland ranks at the bottom with a massive number of people leaving Cleveland in droves. Did you ever think why that might be, apart from the terrible job market in Cleveland? It's perhaps because of "natives" like you who don't have the common sense to respond without resorting to personal attacks, then again I can't argue and win with someone from Cleveland I guess. Thanks for showing your hospitality, I get to see the same attitude from people in real life too out here.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Rich View Post
I think you should see a psychologist.
Wow, such a smart statement. And not at all a personal attack. Is that the best a "native" of Cleveland could do? LOL.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,259,676 times
Message Boards summed up:

- Person comes onto site and completely bashes the city of Cleveland in, get this, a section titled "Cleveland".

- Person then gets mad at people getting defensive and nasty in said thread

LOL.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM

225 posts, read 462,558 times
My wife and I have lived in a few different cities and never had any issues making friends. We lived in Houston, Texas which is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and our neighbors were not very friendly. They worked excessively long hours came home from work, parked their cars in the garage, stayed in the air conditioning til they left in the morning. The people we worked with, however, we naturally got to know very well and they are still to this day some of the best friends we have. If it were not for our jobs we would have had a negative view of the city. When we moved to Columbus we also met a lot of our current friends through work. Columbus, however, has also been great for us in meeting new people because our neighborhood consists of young families just like us. I have met some great friends at the park where I take my daughter to play. For us Columbus has been much easier to make friends outside of work than was Houston. My point is meeting people in a new city is difficult but work provides the perfect opportunity of people who share interests. It is also beneficial if you select an area to live in that has similar people at similar stages of life.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 PM

11,066 posts, read 12,463,801 times
mistake, you really need to stop talking/typing. If you're not going to try to understand our city, then fine, just don't be ignorant about it. When you come on to a Cleveland board and just trash a city that many of us love, it's not surprising that people are going to come at you. People in the past have been critical in much more intelligent and coherent ways than you. But I really don't understand why you are being critical when you could get help and advice from us. A lot of us know a lot about the place. But you are just completely disinterested in learning anything. And WE are the close-minded ones? Ok...

Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,955 times
Default Funny all over

Well if anything this post have people responding at a rapid pace ,
There is alot to learn from this post .

1) It is not natural for southern folks to move North .
2) It has made me work harder to retire in Florida .
3) But stay away from Tampa Bay !
4) Again stay way from Tampa - I got a little lost there once , My first sight off the highway was
a group of men , laying under a tree trying to escape from the heat ? Or were they homeless ?

5) Still be pissed at my wing man , because I have an attitude , that most people read as an A--?
maybe , But I have made many new friends thru him . Some people have a " likeablitiy and some don't.

6)MSOTL it not just a randam thing , but of one's hopelessness ,It has to be a reason to seek justice,
that life is so misable because I live in Cleveland, it surely is this city's fault.

7) I should wake up , and find a way to escape !

8) Boss is a bum , cause , he dont get me , give me the money !

9) So I can move.

10) I never even asked a date " have you ever been to Metroparks toboggan shuts "

Lets make a date I'll show you how to have fun in the snow !

Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistakeonthelake View Post
Seems like the only thing people in Cleveland are capable of are personal attacks.
You came onto a Cleveland forum, called the city the most depressing, boring place on earth and insinuated that the entire population is rude, insular and quite possibly at least mildly racist.

What part of that did you think would win the people over, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland