Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM

254 posts, read 307,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ws View Post
I live here and it's fine. It's actually a lot of professionals and families. Also Western just got some basic bike infrastructure between West Blvd and W98 which is nice.
The recent repairs along Western there were a godsend. The exit ramp was almost literally unusable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 10:55 PM

220 posts, read 322,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I hope it's not too tough... I might be moving over there next Spring with two or three other people...

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Lorain Avenue and Rocky River Drive... Kamms Corner...
I live just off the Boulevard, south of Lorain and I wouldn't say so. Now if you go down Denison or Lorain at night yeah it's seedy, but I walk around the neighborhood quite frequently and feel safe. For what it's worth, I can say folks on my block look out for each other, my next store neighbor is always on her porch watching the street and the older folks are really into there gardens. (Kid you not; during the summer, there is a guy who will walk down the block with a garbage picker and pick the litter off of everyone's treelawns) It's very nice. And as an added bonus the neighborhood is very diverse, which I think you'll appreciate .

Old 10-31-2018, 08:46 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times
The Kamm's Corners strip is appealing as is the neighborhood, which sometimes doubles under the name West Park. The strip is a lively walking district of mainly 1-story buildings that are well kept. The neighborhood is more diverse architecturally than it is people-wise, with lots of solid housing from modest wood-frame houses, to some older apts to rambling bricks to even a few mini-mansions. It remains one of Cleveland's city-suburbs...

Old 10-31-2018, 05:44 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Mayfield Rd. and Euclid Ave. There’s so much new development and activity in that area now. It feels like a big city more than any other area of Cleveland IMO.
How is the residential area around there?

Old 10-31-2018, 06:55 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,106,187 times
… btw, speaking of West Park/Kamms, me and my SO loved visiting that cute little coffee shop at the 5-points (W. 158th and West Park Ave?) last summer. It's a quality place I understand is only a couple years old and was bustling the Saturday morning we visited last summer. There was even a live musician (guitar player if I recall)… It's a nice touch to have a place like this in an old urban/suburban neighborhood with character off the main strip along Lorain Ave.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:34 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,234,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
… btw, speaking of West Park/Kamms, me and my SO loved visiting that cute little coffee shop at the 5-points (W. 158th and West Park Ave?) last summer. It's a quality place I understand is only a couple years old and was bustling the Saturday morning we visited last summer. There was even a live musician (guitar player if I recall)… It's a nice touch to have a place like this in an old urban/suburban neighborhood with character off the main strip along Lorain Ave.
I may have to check this out when I return for the holidays

Old 10-31-2018, 10:14 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
How is the residential area around there?
Exactly what do you want to know? There is a wide range of housing options nearby.

There are new apartments near the intersection.

https://www.universitycircle.org/des...own-apartments

All of University Circle is nearby. Click on "Live" in the above link.

Little Italy is just up Mayfield Road.

The Cleveland Hts. neighborhood bordering Little Italy offers upscale homes.

Perhaps check out Forest Hill in East Cleveland and Cleveland Hts.

Our History

It's even possible to buy properties in gentrifying areas of southern Glenville.

See post 25 in this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...eveland-3.html

Old 11-01-2018, 02:20 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,320,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowes80 View Post
How about the bizarre Fulton/Bridge/W. 32nd intersection? Or anything near there, really ...
I like that one too (grew up just a stone's throw from there), and also Franklin Circle, where Franklin, Fulton, and West 28th meet. Very picturesque with the Franklin Circle Church, the orange brick apartment building across the street (which they're currently renovating, apparently), Lutheran Medical Center and that little park...

Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
E 6th/Short Vincent

Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
E 6th/Short Vincent
What's there these days since the Theatrical closed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland