Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Now, now...just because Cleveland won the 2016 RNC is no reason for your snarky tone. You know what the post meant; get over the fact that Cleveland pulled this off and Columbus was kicked out in round 1. I mean any city can make a bid but the ''have no interest or the can't handle the convention' cities go out in round 1. Maybe the DNC will go to Columbus; I doubt it, but who knows?
?? Are you kidding me? I already congratulated the city on this and think it's great. Where in my post did I even mention it? I was directly talking about the OC and was being sarcastic about the idea that it was desperately needed to access UC. Which is crap, of course. I tend to also be of the idea that it's basically being built for suburbanites to shave a few minutes off their commute while getting through questionable areas as quickly as possible. It will also not have the economic impact that proponents are touting. Roads just don't do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
LOL...here you are again bashing Cleveland development projects within hours of the RNC announcement; and yet you're in the RNC topic forum congratulating CLE on its win. You must be going crazy that Cleveland won since you're in here bashing the OC...LOL.
It's kind of amazing to me that you think someone can't actually be critical of a project in a city without being rabidly jealous of some other success, or that I must hate the city. Take a look at how I responded to Columbus' convention center development mistake recently. Clearly that must mean I hate Columbus because I was critical of a single project.

Your shallow and ridiculous analysis of my opinion on the OC is pretty funny, honestly.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Lol .. And I will laugh even harder if cowtown gets booted in the 1st round for the dnc
Well, that's what makes us different, doesn't it. I can congratulate Cleveland and be happy about it (which I did and I am), and you couldn't possibly do the same for any other Ohio city, out of whatever petty fight you think we should all be engaged in.

I said in another thread that this kind of nonsense has to end, and it does. I'm not going to engage in bashing Cleveland, and haven't here. Being critical of a single project has absolutely no bearing on how I feel about the city or how much I support its success, and it is crazy to believe that it does.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
I'm not a big fan of the "Opportunity" Corridor either, but I love Cleveland. I just think of it as the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the "Opportunity" Corridor either, but I love Cleveland. I just think of it as the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Yep. No matter how much we may love a place, there are ultimately going to be things that happen there that we don't like or agree with. And we may be critical of them in some way. That doesn't change the overall view of the place, though. It's a weird expectation that someone must be 100% in agreement with everything a city does, or you can no longer be taken seriously as a fan.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:38 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Good article in today's WSJ, Property Report section, on Cleveland's $700 million lakefront development project. No mention of the 1969 river fire. This story was running before the RNC announcement yesterday. That's two good WSJ articles on downtown Cleveland develpment in a month or so, separate from the RNC articles. The financing issue was raised as a challenge, but it does appear that this project, done in phases, will go forward. Upwards of 1,000 apartments are planned.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 PM

237 posts, read 249,540 times
Quote:
Good article in today's WSJ, Property Report section, on Cleveland's $700 million lakefront development project. No mention of the 1969 river fire. This story was running before the RNC announcement yesterday. That's two good WSJ articles on downtown Cleveland develpment in a month or so, separate from the RNC articles. The financing issue was raised as a challenge, but it does appear that this project, done in phases, will go forward. Upwards of 1,000 apartments are planned.
Very nice. USA Today showing Cleveland some love too

Rebound city: 'This isn't Henny Youngman's Cleveland'

Old 07-14-2014, 08:50 PM

237 posts, read 249,540 times
Sooo I guess there is a new skyscraper in the works for downtown Cleveland..the Ferrari Building!?!?

Ferrari showroom and office tower planned for downtown near Public Square | cleveland.com

Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
The Cleveland Foundation announces an $8 million grant for the revamp of Public Square that could spur a late 2014 groundbreaking | cleveland.com

Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,287,370 times
1) Leader Building will be sold to K&D; apartment developer plans next downtown Cleveland project | cleveland.com

2) Volumes Up for Cleveland's New Liner Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland