Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 AM

153 posts, read 526,316 times

Advertisements

My question is in regard to transportation from the airport and the amusement park. Is it at all possible to get from the airport to the park without renting a car. Thanks for any help at all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM

181 posts, read 837,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texx View Post
My question is in regard to transportation from the airport and the amusement park. Is it at all possible to get from the airport to the park without renting a car. Thanks for any help at all!!
Is it possible? Maybe.

Is it cost effective? No.

Renting the car, buying fuel, tolls, and paying to park at Cedar Point is still going to be cheaper than the alternatives. You might be able to find a limo or car service to take you - but it is about 50 miles from CLE to Cedar Point each way, so it will not be cheap.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:49 AM

15 posts, read 78,977 times
Best I can come up with is trying to take the rta from the airport into downtown cleveland (17 miles, and heading away from sandusky), getting to the greyhound station (by taxi, unless one of the rta stops is at/near the greyhound station) and then taking the greyhound bus to the sandusky station and then getting a taxi to get you the last few miles to cedar point. But that sounds too complicated and stressful and I'd be surprised if the times would line up right.....so I agree the best bet is probably rental car.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 AM

15 posts, read 75,903 times
Why isn't there public run down the shoreline? I'm not bashing cleveland, but what a money maker an electric rail would be...dang!

Old 06-22-2008, 10:03 AM

181 posts, read 837,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medinaman View Post
Why isn't there public run down the shoreline? I'm not bashing cleveland, but what a money maker an electric rail would be...dang!
Even if such a line existed, from the airport, you would probably have to go downtown (opposite direction from Cedar Point), take that to Sandusky, then a cab from the drop off to Cedar Point (which is still quite a few miles from city center). Still time consuming and inconvenient... Cedar Point was built for visitors coming in cars, and really no one else. Plus, electric rail is rarely a money-maker for anybody. Most require subsidies both for construction and operation - not to say it shouldn't be built anyway - but thats another debate entirely.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 AM

1 posts, read 8,074 times
how can i get cedar point from hopkins after 7.00 pm in less complicated and cheapest way? i have a friend with me. would hiring a taxi be expensive??

Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 AM

405 posts, read 1,213,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1778 View Post
Even if such a line existed, from the airport, you would probably have to go downtown (opposite direction from Cedar Point), take that to Sandusky, then a cab from the drop off to Cedar Point (which is still quite a few miles from city center). Still time consuming and inconvenient... Cedar Point was built for visitors coming in cars, and really no one else. Plus, electric rail is rarely a money-maker for anybody. Most require subsidies both for construction and operation - not to say it shouldn't be built anyway - but thats another debate entirely.
All forms of transportation require subsidies, including highways. There is talk of a West Shore commuter rail, but I believe it would only go from Cleveland to Lorain. There really just isn't enough people that would travel to Sandusky. There isn't much of a draw to that area outside of Cedar Point. The rail line would be pretty much unused for 6 months a year when Cedar Point is not open.

That being said, it all depends on how bad you don't want to rent a car (or if you just simply can't drive for one reason or another). It surely would be possible to get to Cedar Point without renting a car, it just will be either more time consuming or more expensive. The more expensive option would include a car service or taxi. The more time consuming option would include taking the Rapid Transit downtown (it's not that far out of the way, that part is the least of your problems). From there is where it would get difficult. You coudl take the Greyhound and then a taxi to Cear Point. Also, there is Amtrak service from Cleveland to Chicago with a stop in Sandusky, but unless you have a place to hang out in Cleveland and a place to stay in Sandusky and time is really not a factor, this is not an option. The trains depart Cleveland at around 2:30 am and 3:45 am.

All in all, unfortunately your best option is to just rent a car if you are able to drive. Cedar Point just wasn't set up with public transportation is mind.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambien View Post
how can i get cedar point from hopkins after 7.00 pm in less complicated and cheapest way? i have a friend with me. would hiring a taxi be expensive??
Renting a limo would probably be cheaper then a taxi to be honest. While not THAT far from each other, the airport and Cedar Point are hardly next door to each other.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
A quick look at the Cedar Point website would give you the information you need:

Getting Here, Plan a Visit, Cedar Point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland