Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM

436 posts, read 874,204 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to Cleveland area.

My brother's family from New York City are going to visit us this summer. I am looking for a camping area around Lake Erie / Kelly island area in August. It would be nice to have cabin to host up to 7 people, and there is place for camp fire.

I just came back from my son's cup scout camping to cuyahoga national park. We were actually living in a cabin. This was the first experience we ever had to camp out. The camping went extremely well. So I would like to arrange for another one for my family reunion this summer.

We also toured a little to port clinton/sandusky last weekend. We were trying to find some nice beach around that area for a family day out barbeque. It turned out too cold and windy.So we drove around and find out that there are not that much public beach, except for a few private beach. In order to save some gas in our next trip, please give some advice.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
Put-in-Bay is GREAT that time of year.

Put in Bay | Put in Bay Hotel | Put in Bay Lodging | Put-in-Bay Ohio

Right by what you're talking about

Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
Beach wise, I would rank:

Mentor Headlands
Huntington Park
Edgewater Park

Not sure about camping/lodging in those places though.

Sandusky does have a decent beach too if I remember correctly.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 PM

434 posts, read 1,164,827 times
Here's a semi-comprehensive list of beaches that I know of....

*Cedar Point Beach (public at the amusement park, private along the chaussee) - on the peninsula in Sandusky

*Nickel Plate Beach - off of Berlin Road/Tiffin Avenue in Huron

*Main Street Beach - Main Street in downtown Vermilion

*East Harbor State Park - on State Route 269 west of Lakeside/Marblehead

*Port Clinton City Beach - on Perry Street east of downtown Port Clinton

Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 AM

12 posts, read 20,218 times
August is the best for Lake Temps to be warmer. Swimming that is. I luv the Huron Cotages, you can rent for a week reasonabel and Have a nice private beach and be close to Cedar point, Islands Ferry, port clinton all the above. D~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland