Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM

200 posts, read 814,341 times

Advertisements

Does anyone regret leaving Cleveland? Where did you move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 AM

816 posts, read 1,395,826 times
well i joined the navy and it really made me appreciate cleveland alot more! i couldn't wait to get outta there, then i left and i totally miss it. cleveland is where i was born and raised. there's no place like home i guess ha. i'm stationed in great lakes illinois right now which is about an hour or so north of downtown chicago. don't get me wrong, i love chicago but i definitely miss cleveland. on the bright side, i'll be transferring to san diego on tuesday.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times
Regret leaving? Not in the least. Other than of course missing some of the people I know who are still there. I moved to Phoenix. I was born in Cleveland and lived there until 2007. I would never move back. I will visit tho.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,622 times
I answered your question which you put out on a public board, yet in private you call me a moron and idiot and call Phoenix a "****ty sprawly dump". That is rude and uncalled for.

I have some news for you. I have a genius level IQ and graduated college with highest honors. Not exactly a moron. And Phoenix a dump? I strongly do not think so.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,392,577 times
I chose to move south to Charlotte exactly 5 years ago and don't regret it for one moment. Best thing we ever did, love the weather and cleanliness of the New South and great friendships. Beach is only few hours away and mountains only a couple hours. I enjoy visiting Cleveland for business and seeing old friends, family...hopefully take advantage of my Browns tickets if they start winning, anyone want to buy a couple PSLs?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM

223 posts, read 609,055 times
I don't know why Clevelanders get so offended when people mention Phoenix. Phoenix is new and modern and nice... Cleveland, not so much.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,101,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmysawks View Post
I don't know why Clevelanders get so offended when people mention Phoenix. Phoenix is new and modern and nice... Cleveland, not so much.
Not so much what? New and modern? (probably not, on most levels). Nice? Totally subjective: there'd be a ton of people, including your's truly, who would vigorously argue with you. Not all new IS nice. I've been to both cities and both have things going for them, but Phoenix is newish, Sunbelt sprawl to me without the character or compactness as Cleveland...

... that said, people ought not be calling people morons just because the disagree with which city one likes. Certainly not worth that level of negative energy.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM

213 posts, read 698,097 times
Lived in San Diego, Raleigh, and Dallas.

I like coming back to visit...

friends and family.

That's about it.

The problem with Cleveland and Clevelanders is that things don't seem to change much. There are times, after not being there for a year, that I think that I miss it, only to come back for Christmas/Thanksgiving and realize that it's the same sh*t, different day. Then I don't miss it so much anymore.

But yes, I will forfeit the fact that it is has more "culture" than many of the new sunbelt suburbs, if only because Cleveland is 100's of years older.

However, if we are comparing soulless (borrowed word from wanabe urban hipsters) suburb to soulless suburb, there really isn't that much separating the two. Burbs are burbs no matter where you are, which is probably why people are fleeing to the South. If you are going to live in the same old burb, might as well live in one with a nice new house and warmer and more consistent weather.

Last edited by Rumble; 08-11-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 05:18 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
I answered your question which you put out on a public board, yet in private you call me a moron and idiot and call Phoenix a "****ty sprawly dump". That is rude and uncalled for.

I have some news for you. I have a genius level IQ and graduated college with highest honors. Not exactly a moron. And Phoenix a dump? I strongly do not think so.
LOL

It's a shame your superior knowledge didn't cue your hands to stop typing.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,101,574 times
As the elders in my family used to say: “If you don’t have anything positive to say, … “ Funny how, after the OP raised the Q as to whether anyone regrets leaving Cleveland, we get a bunch of posters who just seemly just want to rag on the City. I'm not sure exactly what that means, other than the general relief I feel that those who are so negative on Cleveland have left. Good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland