Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:21 AM

31 posts, read 40,326 times

Advertisements

Title says it all.

Just got a lab/german shep. mix; 10 weeks old.

As well, if anyone has a recommended pet-groomer, share them with us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,263,938 times
I don't have any pets, but IIRC, the Vet on Evans near Arlington is good. Also the vet on 14th St near Greenville. This is "second hand" knowledge that I think I remember

Also, "heard" that PetSmart does good grooming.

So take it all for what it is worth. My apologies if this isn't true.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I don't have any pets, but IIRC, the Vet on Evans near Arlington is good. Also the vet on 14th St near Greenville. This is "second hand" knowledge that I think I remember

Also, "heard" that PetSmart does good grooming.

So take it all for what it is worth. My apologies if this isn't true.
Thanks so much for the help! I too heard PetSmart takes good care of their customers. Thanks again.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:20 AM

228 posts, read 601,437 times
Hello, this is a topic I have well researched and, hands down, the ONLY vet I will take my pet to is at Chocowinity Vet Hospital. My vet, Derrick Pinney, is by far the most compassionate, caring vet I have ever used. Their prices are more than reasonable, and the level of care is high. My persian cat had a serious bladder infection and Derrick not only made her feel totally comfortable during the visit, but his diagnosis and treatment had her back to herself quickly. IMHO the other vets mentioned above tend to be pricey and the level of care is not the same. Give Derrick a try, you will not be sorry.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
Hello, this is a topic I have well researched and, hands down, the ONLY vet I will take my pet to is at Chocowinity Vet Hospital. My vet, Derrick Pinney, is by far the most compassionate, caring vet I have ever used. Their prices are more than reasonable, and the level of care is high. My persian cat had a serious bladder infection and Derrick not only made her feel totally comfortable during the visit, but his diagnosis and treatment had her back to herself quickly. IMHO the other vets mentioned above tend to be pricey and the level of care is not the same. Give Derrick a try, you will not be sorry.
Thanks for you sincerity! I'll definitely take a look into Derrick... I'll even say that RunningNorm sent me over

Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 AM

228 posts, read 601,437 times
Very welcome!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 PM

638 posts, read 1,595,367 times
Default 14th Street

I have to second the vote on Greenville Vet Hospital on 14th street and most esp for any orthepedic surgery. My cocker spaniel's leg was crushed when a heavy duty cast iron vise fell on her leg when she was underfoot. These people stayed until past midnite to do surgery and when she was going under and coming to they allowed me to be with her in the back and allowed me to visit anytime I wanted during her stay.

The vet assured me she could still go with us to the beach on vacation a month later, and sure enough, even tho she had a major steel rod on the outside of her leg and couldn't climb stairs.. she could trot on the beach and she was happy just being with us. Dr Dennis did such a beautiful job on her leg that after her pins all came out she was like brand new. I will never forget the miracle he performed on her.

For years I'd been taking my pets to East Carolina Vet on the corner of charles and red banks and I was never happy with them; esp their bills. They ran up large bills for doses of prednisone and then referred us to the Vet School of Medicine in Raleigh for surgery on ruptured discs. Having had ruptured discs myself years later, I discovered that you DON'T always need surgery. I would not recommend them to anyone unless you have boatloads of money to waste.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Wanted to share with everyone that I took my pup to the 10th St. Vet. Clinic and found nothing but a positive experience with them! Took my pup in on a Saturday morning, which there was no one waiting... so he got straight into the check-up.

Everyone there was so down-to-earth, kind, knowledgeable, and just made both my pup's and I worries away! No as far as price-points to compare with other Vet. clinics, I really can't say if it was more or less... but really I don't care about the bill.

So, if someone else is trying to find clinics with good past experiences, I can personall vouch for 10th St. Vet.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:03 PM

22 posts, read 22,874 times
Dail McLawhorn hands down.

He is compassionate, smart, and has the best prices.

I've lived here 50 years and no doubt he IS the best.

Sadly..one of our other "best vets" died Saturday.

Dr. House.

He will be greatly missed.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM

6 posts, read 9,318 times
10th Street and Fire Tower Rd. VEet clinic [they are partmners] aer the ONLY acredited vets in Greenvillw! I was so shocked that the others were not. We were advised by our last vet up in the cleveland Ohio area to only go to acredited [AHVA] vets. They have to be certified and go thru rigerous additional schooling and meet higher standards. We have loved 10th street!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina