Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 AM

231 posts, read 713,301 times

Advertisements

I'll be heading out to Morehead City next week. Where can I find the best Buffalo wings in the area (within 20 miles)? Not the batter-fried crap a lot of places serve, but sloppy, saucy, spicy wings. I really hope there are better options in the area than awful chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,000 times
Raps in MHC right before the port is fav of mine.

RAPS GRILL & BAR, 709 Arendell St., Morehead City, NC 28557 Tele: (252) 240-1213

Raps Grill and Bar, Morehead City - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

http://www.yelp.com/biz/raps-grill-a...-morehead-city

For chains there is a Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters in MHC as well.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Ah... OK. I've been there but have never had the wings. Might give them a try.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Raps' wings were quite tasty, but very small and not nearly spicy enough. I went with the 911 flavor, which was similar to most places' medium or hot. Decent flavor, though.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 AM

713 posts, read 3,930,324 times
Smile It you are willing to drive that 20 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrac View Post
I'll be heading out to Morehead City next week. Where can I find the best Buffalo wings in the area (within 20 miles)? Not the batter-fried crap a lot of places serve, but sloppy, saucy, spicy wings. I really hope there are better options in the area than awful chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters.

Thanks!
I can make two recommendations of places where I have tried the wings and really enjoy them.

The first is the Fairway Restaurant in Cape Carteret. A fishing buddy and I meet there every Thursday for their 35¢ wings. I have stories from the cook that she once made wings so hot (at the customer's request) that a customer couldn't eat them. I usually alternate between their buffalo sauce and teriyaki sauce. I don't know if they are having their special this time of year.

833 Highway 58
Cape Carteret, NC 28584

Phone:252-393-6444

The other place where I really enjoy wings is at Ballyhoo's on Emerald Isle. They usually have 10 or 12 wings for $5 on Thursday nights when they have a great deal on draft beer. I am very partial to their Thai Chili sauce for their wings.

Finally, I have heard that Nicky's of Swansboro (http://www.crystalcoastnorthcarolina.us/content/fried-clam-strip-nickys-swansboro - broken link) has great wings at night, but I have been stuck on their clam strips and seafood so I have not managed to try them. Everything that I have had there has been good.

You can find all these restaurants located on my area map.

For full list of my recommended restaurants, check this link.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,734,458 times
I tried the wings at Raps last weekend. Very good. The menu is also very very good. French Onion Soup was as good as I have had. Some very nice scenery, too!

Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,357 times
The Shark's Den Sports Bar & Grill, Emerald Isle

I live in Morehead City and they have the best wings I've found in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina