Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 9,605 times

Advertisements

Hi there. If anyone could give ANY info &/or advice itd be much appreciated. Im gona be 25, a bar & restaraunt manager from Wisconsin, & am looking for a fresh start. Haha need to get out of my hometown! I've been looking @ Wilmington, NC & was kinda just wondering peoples opinions on it. Im looking for an artsy, welcoming, relaxed city near a beach. Im desperatly hoping Im on the right track. Open 2 any other suggestions as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:14 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,881,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick530 View Post
Hi there. If anyone could give ANY info &/or advice itd be much appreciated. Im gona be 25, a bar & restaraunt manager from Wisconsin, & am looking for a fresh start. Haha need to get out of my hometown! I've been looking @ Wilmington, NC & was kinda just wondering peoples opinions on it. Im looking for an artsy, welcoming, relaxed city near a beach. Im desperatly hoping Im on the right track. Open 2 any other suggestions as well.
The economy in NC right now is not one where you can "have your pick" of anywhere you like--find a job FIRST and then move where you can get work. In NC, Wilmington is the only "city" that is right on the coast, if that is important to you, and would have the best restaurant prospects, probably. Not many places on the NC coast are known as "artsy", though, other than the usual "beach artist" types who paint seascapes to sell to tourists.

What has put NC (rather than another state) in your sights right now, since you don't seem to know the area very well?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,605 times
2 be perfectly honest... I have know idea why. I just seriously started planning 2 move & it was the 1st place that popped in my head. Ive always heard the Carolinas r beautiful. Leanin towards something on the east coast near a beach w/ less than a usual foot of snow. Haha. I thought of SC 2 but just not sure. I know I dont want 2 be stuck in a really big city but nothin 2 small either.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,779,765 times
FWIW: I really enjoyed my visit to Charleston. Beach is 15 minutes away, too. Might be a place for you to research.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 AM

101 posts, read 227,597 times
Wilmington river front downtown, sounds like what you are looking for, it has a good collection of artist type places. And there are dozens of resturants down there as well. UNC-W has several theatre majors including one in make up. You should be able to find something you like in that mix of things. And the beach is right there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina