Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:04 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times

Advertisements

We live in New Bern and I hate SuddenLink, mostly for terrible internet, but we have the "boot" issue with the cable boxes too.

However, tried switching to Dish. We have an older house, with tin roof, and are surrounded by large trees. First Dish guy show up with no ladder. Second Dish guy shows up and says they can't put antennae on tin roof. I call and ask about attaching to chimney. Third Dish service tech shows up and says he can't do it, but contractor can. Fourth Dish tech shows up and he says no can do.

IDIOTS. I would much prefer to have Direct TV, but just can nut up to the prospects of another four techs or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenlinkAshley View Post
Hi Richard -- my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your cable boxes. I would be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you!
Email sent......

Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
After bringing all of our equiptment and paying our final bill for Suddenlink 3 wks. ago, we received our bill from them this past Sat., which we believed would be the new monthly statement of $45 for Internet service. It was a bill for over $200 which included Internet. My husband is going there after work to find out what this is all about. To be continued. Yes, such great Customer Service.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
After bringing all of our equiptment and paying our final bill for Suddenlink 3 wks. ago, we received our bill from them this past Sat., which we believed would be the new monthly statement of $45 for Internet service. It was a bill for over $200 which included Internet. My husband is going there after work to find out what this is all about. To be continued. Yes, such great Customer Service.
You know their motto:

Oh, let there be no doubt, we will get your money!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM

77 posts, read 150,737 times
Make sure they properly credit your account for equipment return as well. I've got a collection on my credit report from another cableco that claimed incorrectly that I didnt return my box.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 AM

Richard/NH yes, this is turning into a very interesting "game" with Suddenlink. My husband went there after work yesterday to dispute the charges and he was told that there is a box that has not been returned. My husband explained the box in question was returned Dec. 2003. He was told that he had to call the Call Center that there was nothing they could do. After looking at the bill we noticed that there also was a $21.00 late charge. We paid everything in full the Fri. we brought all the equipment back and the male customer service rep. that took everything not only did not ask us why we were canceling our account he did not credit the account until the following Monday. The Representative from the Call Center said that they would research this and call back today. I will let you know of the outcome. One thing I do know, we are not paying over $200 for something we do not have and never been late on any payment especially a cable co.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM

Suddenlink Representative took care of everything this afternoon. The total charges of $263.00 were taken off, the equipment and the other charges. We cancelled on the 3rd of Feb. & pd. what was due at the office, the Tech was not sent out to disconnect from outside the house until the 9th they were billing us up until the 9th. hence the late charges. The rep. explained to my husband that even though we returned everything technically we still had service until the 9th. In the end it was all taken care of and Suddenlink in our home is a thing of the past.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 AM

Ashley was true to her word. A higher up from Suddenlink called yesterday morning and told me that a supervisor would be calling shortly to schedule an appointment to have my boxes looked at. Yesterday afternoon the supervisor called and asked what would be a good time for a tech to come by. I told him anytime is a good time. Last night at 7:30 the tech showed up with 2 new Cisco HD boxes. Unfortunately for the tech, one of the boxes, despite being brand new, had some sort of issue that caused a fuzzy picture on some channels. He will be bringing us another box today.

I said before that I have no issues with Suddenlink service. And the speed with which they responded proves this. It's not about the service, it's the hardware. And despite having 2 of Suddenlink's lastest, greatest HD boxes, one of them was faulty.

The box that we did keep boots up considerably faster than the old boxes did. And you don't have to fool around with turning the boxes on and off during the boot process. You just turn the box on and wait a few minutes, just like the Directv boxes. Only time will tell how the boxes act when plugged in over the long haul.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 AM

59 posts, read 112,641 times
If you are an animal lover you will want to stay away from DirectTV

DIRECTV - "Stop Taking in Stray Animals" 2012 Commercial - YouTube

Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessLyratheKind View Post
If you are an animal lover you will want to stay away from DirectTV
You're taking the commercial literally. Here's a quarter, go buy yourself a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina