Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 02:48 PM

56 posts, read 112,876 times

Advertisements

Hi Miamian, I am planning to move to Wilmington, NC later this year. I will be moving from Melbourne, FL. How was your adjustment moving from Miami to Raleigh? Sounds like there are some nice social meetup groups in the Wilmington area. I too, am in my 60's and will be continuing to work after my move. I work in the social services field & was very excited to hear about the TRU Colors venture which is addressing the street violence problem! I would like to be in an area that is doing something positive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 02:52 PM

56 posts, read 112,876 times
Hi, it is so kind of you to help all of us who are looking at relocating! Thank you so much!

Old 07-25-2021, 03:42 PM

564 posts, read 1,042,011 times
Goldenage1, thank you so much for those links. I plan to check them out in the next day. I long for the days when I lived in Coral Gables while I was growing up. Beautiful neighborhood, house, etc. Finding affordable housing was never a concern in the carefree young years. Till a few years ago rent was manageable alone but now the rental costs have gone through the roof .
Gal13, we must keep in touch! Maybe we can meet up in Wilmington when you visit. As far as the adjustment went, I had moved up to Cleveland, Ohio when my parents died, so I came to NC from there, in my early 40s. I have never felt like I fit in here where I am, even after nearly 20 years. The area where I am is families, college students (4 universities here) and younger folks who come to work in RTP (Research Triangle Park). I feel like the coast is far better for older people as well as the mountain areas near Asheville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina