Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:22 PM

720 posts, read 1,709,124 times

Advertisements

The last activity I saw was some dirt being moved around, and storm water or sewer concrete pipes have been brought to the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM

99 posts, read 243,393 times
Moving dirt and dropping off pipe sounds like progress.

We will be moving into a condo, at WRP, on 9/11, I'll plan to drive by the 211 Midway Commons site.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:18 AM

300 posts, read 474,942 times
I was down at WRP for the holiday. We drove past the site and saw that they had drop off a fueling tank for the construction equipment. The traffic was must better from WRP to Southport over Labor Day weekend with fewer tourists. Maybe with dryer weather and less traffic, the project might be more active?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:19 AM

730 posts, read 1,313,744 times
Thanks for the updates, wish they would send out an email newsletter; I'm interested in floor plans, pricing, understand there will be rentals.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:05 AM

99 posts, read 243,393 times
I also signed up for the newsletter but haven't seen anything yet.

Our movers will pickup our stuff on 9/8, we close on 9/10 and will be in WRP on 9/11. I'll check out the site and report any progress since Mr. Purples update.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
I was down at WRP for the holiday. We drove past the site and saw that they had drop off a fueling tank for the construction equipment. The traffic was must better from WRP to Southport over Labor Day weekend with fewer tourists. Maybe with dryer weather and less traffic, the project might be more active?

The fuel tank was at the shopping center at Midway for the Lowes food store. I did notice some work on a site on the same side of 211 down near SJP on the way back to WRP from Southport. Also they were clearing off right side of 211 towards Southport and had survey stakes for several miles. They may be moving the power lines or widening the road?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:06 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,030,896 times
Quote:
Also they were clearing off right side of 211 towards Southport and had survey stakes for several miles. They may be moving the power lines or widening the road?
Do they have to extend sewer lines?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal1006 View Post
I also signed up for the newsletter but haven't seen anything yet.

Our movers will pickup our stuff on 9/8, we close on 9/10 and will be in WRP on 9/11. I'll check out the site and report any progress since Mr. Purples update.
Good to see you will be moving soon to WRP soon! We will not the permanent move until early next year. With the end of "tourist" season, the emails on activities for WRP have greatly increased. I noticed several new homes going up in WRP and several lots with trees marked for removal on a few sites for groundbreaking.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:45 PM

720 posts, read 1,709,124 times
Quote:
The fuel tank was at the shopping center at Midway for the Lowes food store. I did notice some work on a site on the same side of 211 down near SJP on the way back to WRP from Southport. Also they were clearing off right side of 211 towards Southport and had survey stakes for several miles. They may be moving the power lines or widening the road?
I noticed the survey stakes all along the road and wondered what was up. Lots of activity along ,211. Wonder what will happen with the big cleared out area near ST. James. Nothing in the newspaper about it. In CT now for house closing,will be back in time for the US Open Mackerel Tournament.
Hope we get some good restaurants at Midway Commons.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:42 PM

730 posts, read 1,313,744 times
Sounds like The Charles has broken ground, hope to hear from them soon with some kind of a newsletter. We're still going to be looking at Rivermist, South Harbour Village and any downtown properties when we come down in November. Hoping that there will be "something" at the Charles to inspect. Thank you for keeping the information flowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina