Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:28 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost65 View Post
is there any info about floor plans and prices.
I don't see anything more recent than the spring of 2014, where they said groundbreaking was to begin in the fall. The first part was to be medical offices. So, I think they are some years away from having residential floor plans.

If are interested in the assisted living part, and you need a place sooner, you might look at Autumn Hall in Wilmington. They keep sending out post cards every few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 11:19 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,362,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
I think the poster might be unhappy with all the new people moving into the Southport area and causing all the "issues"?

A majority of the locals are not happy with SJP and are upset with the traffic coming out of SJP. I have locales tell me that they have a huge dislike for those New Jorsey people. I don't have a Yankee accent so they let me know their true feelings.The biggest urban legend is that SJP residents have asked that locale Lowes Food Store be only open to SJP residents on Tuesdays. Since the locales are part of the Southern culture; they will usually be nice to you when you interact with them. As Hank Jr sings; we say ma'am.

It is interesting that Brunswick County will not allow anymore gated communities to be developed in the county.
Now that's funny ....

My wife is native NC from Pembroke .... Though I was born in Newport News Va ... my parents moved there just a month or two before I was born. Prior to that ... my family lived near Asheboro NC since before the Revolutionary War. I've had a NC address since 1974. I just recently moved into SJP.

Granted .... We are the exception ... most of the people in SJP are from "up north" somewhere.

But before the locals start groaning about SJP too much ... how bout I-40 into Wilmington? I-40 is what opened up Wilmington and Brunswick county. If you want to complain about growth and all "dem yankees" ... if it wasn't for I-40 opening about 30 years ago ... the whole area would never have grown to what it is today.

There are a lot of people in Brunswick county that are considerably better off due to the growth. Yes its brought in a lot of people from other states and infrastructure is still trying to catch up. The one thing in life that is certain is change. Grumbling about it ain't gonna make it better.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,554 times
Thanks goldenage1. Not looking for assisted living just yet but heard that unattached condos would be in the plans, with first priority for assisted living when the time comes. Hoping this is true. We live in the area now and love it but may want to make a switch as we age, and The Charles may be right on time!

Old 02-21-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost65 View Post
Thanks goldenage1. Not looking for assisted living just yet but heard that unattached condos would be in the plans, with first priority for assisted living when the time comes. Hoping this is true. We live in the area now and love it but may want to make a switch as we age, and The Charles may be right on time!
Agreed, that would be a good idea for me also.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
It is my understanding that they needed to provide an evacuation plan or relocation plan in the event of an emergency and that they(St Charles Developers) could not do so.................Today they were removing a construction trailer from the property. There is another development that was slated across from St Jersey, everything clear cut, large mound of fill, then signs removed and gone. Why are these developers allowed to desecrate the property then walk off, leaving a mess for generations to come?

Old 01-08-2016, 04:52 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,378,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer2004 View Post
It is my understanding that they needed to provide an evacuation plan or relocation plan in the event of an emergency and that they(St Charles Developers) could not do so.................Today they were removing a construction trailer from the property. There is another development that was slated across from St Jersey, everything clear cut, large mound of fill, then signs removed and gone. Why are these developers allowed to desecrate the property then walk off, leaving a mess for generations to come?
I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:09 AM

183 posts, read 287,020 times
Apologies if this was posted earlier. I havent read all the prior posts.

Here is a website for the project: http://www.thecharlesnc.com

I have not found any recent info about the status of the project or of likely milestones, however.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikjim View Post
I have not found any recent info about the status of the project or of likely milestones, however.
Someone wrote that the project is dead as a doornail. He didn't say what his source was, so I think it was insider gossip.

There also hasn't been any other official news, so I would not count on The Charles as a viable part of future plans.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:17 AM

32 posts, read 72,565 times
Wow, just received this email and it looks like "The Charles" has changed its name to" Pine Forest Planation" and is due to start soon..

Pine Forest Plantation™ community, formerly The Charles... we welcome you to join us as our vision takes shape!

Medical Campus at Pine Forest Planation

The developers envision this to be the first of many medical service providers to establish services in a planned fifty acre Health and Wellness Medical Campus. Construction of the Novant Health medical office building is set to begin this Spring, and the primary care facility is expected to be operational in late 2017, according to Austin Koon of Davis Moore Capital, who is a principal member of the group developing the facility.

The community’s mixed-use development, condominiums, residential homes, retirement community, and Progressive Care assisted living services will allow residents to age-in-place with access to high-quality health care, unique on-site amenities, and most importantly, peace of mind for themselves and their families. This design will ensure residents access to the care they need as they age without having to relocate later in life. Pine Forest Plantation will be the perfect setting for both active lifestyle adults and the young at heart planning to retire in the coastal Carolinas.

Developers focus on sustainable growth and well-being of the community

Dedicated to fulfilling a need in Brunswick County, landowners Tommy Sofield of Boone NC, and Robert Gurkin, local to Southport, NC, with Equity Investment Associates, LLC are pleased to work with Davis Moore Capital, LLC and Legacy Community Partners, LLC in the initial development project designated for Pine Forest Plantation. “Novant Health represents a valued partnership for the Pine Forest Plantation development and the local community. This alliance paves the way for access to needed wellness services and opens the door to other complimentary medical service providers, commercial interests, and those seeking residential homes in the near future,” said Chris Maynor of Legacy Community Partners, LLC.

A sustainable growth plan catering to local demand will allow the community to expand into hundreds of acres over time as the development progresses. Land allocated for the multi-community project allows for single family residential subdivisions and retirement communities, along with townhouses, condos, and mixed use apartments to further accommodate the growing needs of the region. Planned services unique to retirees will offer healthful living, quality of life, and the assurance of end-of-life care for aging seniors through in-home care, meal assistance, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities. Tommy Sofield, principal of Pine Forest Plantation said “Pine Forest Plantation will be a well-rounded addition to the Oak Island community, and it is expected to attract residents of all ages. Quality health care, parks, walking trails, and lakes will create unique and attractive neighborhoods with future amenities including a town square with shopping, dining, and entertainment–all within walking distance to many residential homes and condos within the community."

Breaking ground, you’re invited

The public will be welcome at an official groundbreaking ceremony later this spring to initiate the project as construction begins.
Early reservations and pre-sales for single family residential lots, homes, and condominiums are expected to begin later this year. Signup today at Pine Forest Plantation | Coming Soon to Oak Island and Brunswick Country, NC for more information, community updates, and to be notified as soon as reservations begin. Commercial interests are encouraged to contact Pine Forest Plantation at 866-667-9784 to discuss development opportunities and commercial space availabilities.

For more information about Novant Health, please visit NovantHealth.org.

We will keep you informed as the vision takes shape...
pineforestplantation.com

Last edited by gbsef; 03-22-2016 at 08:29 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsef View Post
Early reservations and pre-sales for single family residential lots, homes, and condominiums are expected to begin later this year. Signup today at Pine Forest Plantation | Coming Soon to Oak Island and Brunswick Country, NC for more information, community updates, and to be notified as soon as reservations begin.
Thanks for the update. The web-site is not ready for prime time. They don't accept your email infor and say check back in 9 days.

I wish they had found a more original name. "Pine Forest Plantation" is not really memorable because the whole of undeveloped Brunswick County is a large pine forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina