Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 01:37 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,050,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post

I wish they had found a more original name. "Pine Forest Plantation" is not really memorable because the whole of undeveloped Brunswick County is a large pine forest.
I don't like the name at all.

It is a development offering aging in place services from SFH's to end of life care. I can hear it now "Pine Box Plantation".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 11:34 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
I don't like the name at all.

It is a development offering aging in place services from SFH's to end of life care. I can hear it now "Pine Box Plantation".
Yep, we all wind up in a 'pine box' someday !!! LOL

Old 03-27-2016, 04:58 AM

300 posts, read 474,942 times
The place will start with a medical office building. Houses are planned later for the development. Nice addition to the Oak Island area.

Developers reveal medical anchor, new name for major Brunswick project | WilmingtonBiz

Old 03-27-2016, 06:52 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
The place will start with a medical office building. Houses are planned later for the development.
Thanks. The article said they would start pre-sales for residential lots later in this year. but still no detailed plans for the residential areas. I might be interested in 15 to 20 years, and it might be filled in by then.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:08 AM

383 posts, read 891,886 times
This is good news. Right outside St. James, Dosher Medical Center is building a medical facility for doctors, rehab, etc. A concern on the Coastal North Carolina forums has always been quality, local medical care for Southport and surrounding communities. The Dosher facilities combined with the facilities at Pine Forrest are nice additions to the communities (Winding River, SJP, etc)

Old 06-03-2016, 07:16 AM

183 posts, read 287,020 times
Groundbreaking for the Novant-affiliated medical office building is scheduled for June 14th

Old 06-17-2016, 01:07 PM

Per State Port Pilot article, 15 Jun, Novant expects their medical office facility to be complete by late 2017.

Developers say that first housing units are a couple years away.

For further Pine Forest Plantation info -- not the source of the preceding points -- see their website:

pineforestplantation.com

Old 10-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Save these dates and gather your family and friends to join us at Pine Forest. See the property and learn more about our new Oak Island community. Mark your calendars and stop by for a tour October 20-22 and October 27-29 from 10-5pm. We'll see you there!

Visit Pine Forest to learn more about the community. Tours start Oct 20-22, and 27-29.

DETAILS & RSVP

Don't miss this opportunity to learn more directly from community representatives. Get details about our Single Family Residential home packages soon to be available, our medical campus with Novant Health and Affinity Living Group, and the many unique amenities coming to Pine Forest.

Novant Health Family Medicine Pine Forest
Grand Opening and Open House - Oct 26 from 3-6pm
Join us as we celebrate the opening of Novant Health Family Medicine Pine Forest, festivities begin at 3pm when doors will open to explore the new clinic. Bring the family and help us welcome Novant Health to Pine Forest of Oak Island, NC.
Novant Health’s family medicine clinic on Highway 211 in Brunswick County is officially open. Novant Health Oceanside Family Medicine in Southport has relocated and is now called Novant Health Family Medicine Pine Forest. The new address of the clinic is 2950 Pine Plantation Parkway in Bolivia. The clinic will have an open house Thursday, Oct. 26 from 3 to 6 p.m.
Novant Health Family Medicine Pine Forest is staffed by Dr. Pilar Johnson, Dr. John Scheck, Dr. Ryan Tighe, and Sara Clagg, family nurse practitioner. The clinic cares for patients of all ages. Services include the following:
Newborn and pediatric care
Adolescent, adult and senior care
Preventive healthcare
Well-child care
Care for acute and ongoing illness
School, sports and employment physicals
Routine gynecological care, including Pap tests and postmenopausal care
Immunizations
Same-day sick appointments
Novant Health Family Medicine Pine Forest is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 910-454-4032

Old 11-21-2018, 09:01 AM

140 posts, read 317,211 times
My wife and I went to their "first" Grand Opening about 5 months ago, after we RSVP'd via email, no one there. Plenty of other cars driving around looking for sales people.....none to be found.

Wasn't going to be fooled twice.

Ron W.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:09 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,377,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsurfer View Post
My wife and I went to their "first" Grand Opening about 5 months ago, after we RSVP'd via email, no one there. Plenty of other cars driving around looking for sales people.....none to be found.

Wasn't going to be fooled twice.

Ron W.
"First" grand opening 5 months ago? Not possible. The grand opening referred to by the other poster happened a year ago. Was there a second event 5 months ago? I don't remember hearing anything about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina