Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 09:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
No, they never had a pharmacy. There used to be a small diner inside the store, but it closed around 2001-2002.
A Kmart without a pharmacy is an oddity. Store 7056 is the first I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117
I'm not sure when they opened, but when we first moved to Wayne County in July 1995, Kmart was already open in Goldsboro. I do know that they lease and don't own that building. I don't know when the lease expires.
Several Kmart stores in North Carolina and South Carolina that had expiring leases have closed. If Sears Holdings has the opportunity to close stores by not extending leases, it will likely take that avenue.

Taking into consideration Sears Auto Center #2937 is present, Kmart #7056 could convert to a Sears, and Sears #2225, Berkeley Mall, 703 North Berkeley Boulevard, Goldsboro, North Carolina 27534-3444, could close. Neither, one, two, or all three could close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 10:42 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Several Kmart stores in North Carolina and South Carolina that had expiring leases have closed. If Sears Holdings has the opportunity to close stores by not extending leases, it will likely take that avenue.

Taking into consideration Sears Auto Center #2937 is present, Kmart #7056 could convert to a Sears, and Sears #2225, Berkeley Mall, 703 North Berkeley Boulevard, Goldsboro, North Carolina 27534-3444, could close. Neither, one, two, or all three could close.
There used to be a Kmart in Wilson and I don't think it ever had a pharmacy either. It closed in 2002 and was located at the corner of Forest Hills Road and Raleigh Road Parkway, in the shopping center where Hobby Lobby and Dunham's Sports is currently. I don't remember if the old building was ever torn down or if it was reused. It was around where Dunham's Sports is. The Hobby Lobby building was built brand new as a Home Depot about 6-7 years ago and closed a year later, before opening up as a Hobby Lobby. Kmart in Goldsboro used to have their own auto center where Sears is currently before the Sears,Kmart merger, but it closed either in the late 90's or early 2000's and remained empty for many years until the Sears Auto Center building on Berkeley Boulevard closed and relocated to Kmart's old garage, about 3-4 years ago, I believe. The old Sears Auto Center building was torn down and an Olive Garden was built in it's place.

Last edited by LM117; 03-31-2016 at 10:57 AM..

Old 04-02-2016, 09:13 AM

123 posts, read 522,657 times
Just heard that Chipotle is coming to Goldsboro along with a Vitamin Shoppe store, they will be located on the corner of Cashwell Drive and Berkeley Blvd. A new shopping center will be built on the site of the old Exxon Station and the old Tractor Supply store demolition has already started, other retail and restaurants will be announced later for this site.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED83 View Post
Just heard that Chipotle is coming to Goldsboro along with a Vitamin Shoppe store, they will be located on the corner of Cashwell Drive and Berkeley Blvd. A new shopping center will be built on the site of the old Exxon Station and the old Tractor Supply store demolition has already started, other retail and restaurants will be announced later for this site.
Do you know why or when the All-Star Family Fun Center on Cashwell Drive near the Berkeley Blvd intersection was torn down and what, if anything, will be built in it's place or if this is related to the new shopping center being built?

Old 04-02-2016, 10:24 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,304,488 times
We lived there for a few years from 1990-1993. Seems there have been a lot of changes for the better since we left.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:22 AM

50 posts, read 136,154 times
This is what i think of all star being tore down, i think the gas station is going to move in the vacant spot considering there is no gas station in that area any more. Might be another marathon or circle k gas station.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:09 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

I don't really see the Sears in the Berkeley Mall closing, but it might...

Also, do not take your car to the Sears Auto Center at K-Mart. I took mine there for a basic oil change and tire rotation. Not a smart idea. Avoid Firestone too, unless you want to wait for 6 hours. Valvoline on Spence is awesome, though.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
We lived there for a few years from 1990-1993. Seems there have been a lot of changes for the better since we left.
Oh yes, you wouldn't even recognize the place!

I was born at Wayne Memorial Hospital in 1988. You would absolutely not believe all the changes I've seen in my lifetime, or even in the past 5-10 years! Goldsboro is definitely growing like crazy. It certainly isn't perfect, but I love my hometown.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Default Sears Auto Center #2937, Ashley Plaza, 201 North Berkeley Boulevard, Goldsboro, North Carolina 27534-4323

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Also, do not take your car to the Sears Auto Center at K-Mart. I took mine there for a basic oil change and tire rotation. Not a smart idea.
What happened at Sears Auto Center #2937?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:08 AM

First of all, they didn't know how much oil my car needed, so I had to look it up in the manual. Strange -- never had to do that before -- but the guy said the car was "too new" and wasn't showing up in their system (this was early last year, the car was a 2014 model). Anyway, they then put regular oil after I asked for synthetic (which was required by my warranty), and they only caught it when I went to pay and commented that "Wow, that's really cheap for a synthetic oil change!" They had to drain the oil and start over.

Honest mistakes, but the biggest problem was that my front left tire was noisy when I left, and the car was pulling to the left. I mentioned it to my husband, who found that they hadn't tightened up the lug nuts properly. It was almost like they started the job, got distracted and then never finished. Ummm...talk about scary...what if the tire would've fallen off? The other stuff was forgivable, but they should be more careful when it comes to customer safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina