Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 05:57 PM

11 posts, read 22,506 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information ofnwhich of the many assisted living facilities in Greenville are the best? We are looking for a very clean, well run home for our 92 year old father who has moderate dementia. If you have first hand knowledge please comment. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,693 times
Hello there,

i have spent a number of weekends visiting with my inlaws who came to Cypress Glen in Greenville nc to be near my brother in law and family. They are a short distance away from Eastern Carolina Univ.. From what I have seen it is an extremely clean and well run facility. It's less than five years old. A very classy place.

My inlaws are in their early nineties and are still able to live in one of the many ranch style homes. They have had numerous falls etc and help comes within minutes. They have both used the nursing part for short term illnesses. My mother in law is a former nurse and approves of all the care. The staff dr is connected to the geriatric dept at the med school and they love him.

I know I have seen a bit of the dementia unit but not enough to give you details. No matter what it is a lovely place and worth taking a peek!

Good luck on your journey.. I went through dementia with my dad. I took many videos of him before he got too bad. .. Cherished today. He was the most communicative just after having an IV for dehydration. Just a tip!

I would think my brother in law could give you detailed info. Msg me your number if you'd like them to call.

Bonnie in Atlanta

Bonnie

Old 08-21-2015, 06:40 AM

11 posts, read 22,506 times
Thank you Bonnie. We too have a friend who lives in one of the lovely apartments at Cypress Glen. This would definately be our first choice but unfortunately our Father does not have the funds to even get into the door of Cypress Glen. We're looking to get information for any of the residences run by Brookdale. There is one on Arlington Blvd and one on Dickinson Ave.

Also, thank you for the tip about the importance of being hydrated!
Jude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina