Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 10:20 AM

59 posts, read 137,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
How is the airport in Trenton? Is it safe? Parts of Trenton are pretty rough.
Pony, it's nowhere near city of Trenton and right off I-95 (exit 2 I believe). There's actually a farm across the street. It's a very small airport with one gate. It used to have free parking but they just did some renovations to the airport including starting to charge for parking ($8/day). It's a lot easier than dealing with PHL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
How is the airport in Trenton? Is it safe? Parts of Trenton are pretty rough.
It's a beautiful airport and EASY to park!! My son works there - Lots of visitors to our office in Princeton (I work in a large pharmaceutical) take flights out of Trenton Mercer - it's NOT in a bad part of town - actually it is in Pennington I think....

Old 01-29-2014, 09:16 AM

38 posts, read 91,203 times
Default How's the WEATHER 1/29/2014?

To the SJP RESIDENTS on this FORUM:

How's the weather over the past 24 hours?

If it is a mess, as they are portraying it up here, we expect you to have it cleared up and balmy weather returned when we arrive on VALENTINES DAY, to close and get the keys to our new home.

'Nuff said.

Last edited by Active Pair; 01-29-2014 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Well... EVERYTHING is closed, everything was closed yesterday in anticipation, there have been TV, recorded telephone and email warnings of SEVERE weather conditions to come, driving was PROHIBITED in St James from yesterday afternoon and still today warnings not to leave your home.

As of now ( and it is over completely ) we received approximately 1/4 inch +- of granular snow / frozen white stuff just barely covering the pavement but you can still see the parking lines through it. Barely some frozen stuff sticking to my windshield which is outside, no garage. As we laugh and say it wasn't even something to talk about in New Jersey, here it is a biggy as nobody is prepared for it, no machinery and no knowledge of how to drive in it, kids and adults do not have heavy coats ( and neither do we ) as it is a pretty rare occurrance to be this cold for an extended period.... the sun is out now at noon and the minimal amount of stuff should be completely gone in a couple of hours and forecast is for above 50 degrees on Friday and 60 on Saturday. People are all taking pictures of the white stuff to save for posterity.

Obviously the storm has hit other areas harder and with much more force and snow, for instance Atlanta is a mess. We were lucky I guess as the winds could have shifted and brought us the same, but for most of us it's nothing much to speak of.

By Valentines Day it should be regularly in the 60's and nice weather, unless it rains of course, "winter" has been over after February 1st for the last two years and expected to do the same next week.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:02 AM

83 posts, read 152,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Well... EVERYTHING is closed, everything was closed yesterday in anticipation, there have been TV, recorded telephone and email warnings of SEVERE weather conditions to come, driving was PROHIBITED in St James from yesterday afternoon and still today warnings not to leave your home.

As of now ( and it is over completely ) we received approximately 1/4 inch +- of granular snow / frozen white stuff just barely covering the pavement but you can still see the parking lines through it. Barely some frozen stuff sticking to my windshield which is outside, no garage. As we laugh and say it wasn't even something to talk about in New Jersey, here it is a biggy as nobody is prepared for it, no machinery and no knowledge of how to drive in it, kids and adults do not have heavy coats ( and neither do we ) as it is a pretty rare occurrance to be this cold for an extended period.... the sun is out now at noon and the minimal amount of stuff should be completely gone in a couple of hours and forecast is for above 50 degrees on Friday and 60 on Saturday. People are all taking pictures of the white stuff to save for posterity.

Obviously the storm has hit other areas harder and with much more force and snow, for instance Atlanta is a mess. We were lucky I guess as the winds could have shifted and brought us the same, but for most of us it's nothing much to speak of.

By Valentines Day it should be regularly in the 60's and nice weather, unless it rains of course, "winter" has been over after February 1st for the last two years and expected to do the same next week.

On the Weather Channel this am they said Raleigh could hit 70 this weekend.....

We might hit 36 down the joisey shore...............

Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM

83 posts, read 152,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Pair View Post
To the SJP RESIDENTS on this FORUM:

How's the weather over the past 24 hours?

If it is a mess, as they are portraying it up here, we expect you to have it cleared up and balmy weather returned when we arrive on VALENTINES DAY, to close and get the keys to our new home.

'Nuff said.

congrats "Active Pair". I envy youse guys...............

Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Ok, spoke too soon... the sun was apparantly teasing us earlier, it went away and the clouds are back and since it hasn't risen above 30 degrees and isn't promising to today, the roads continue to be slightly covered with what is now becoming an icey coating due to the bit of sun and now lower temperature and isn't supposed to go away til tomorrow when the temperature rises... so we remain hunkered down here in St James..... could be much worse like Atlanta or Raleigh areas.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:17 PM

38 posts, read 91,203 times
THANKS for the weather reports and the forecast for Valentines Day.

Can't come too soon. The Weather Guy is calling for ZERO degrees tonight, here in the MD suburbs of DC, which happens to be SOUTH of the Mason-Dixon Line. What's wrong with this picture?

Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
How can they prohibit driving? Another excuse for the SJP police (I say that loosely) to issue more tickets.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
How can they prohibit driving? Another excuse for the SJP police (I say that loosely) to issue more tickets.
Well, the governor issued a state of emergency. In my county there was also a state of emergency, and the sheriff declared a curfew under which people were not supposed to drive between 7PM and 7AM. I thought that was excessive, but apparently in state of emergency, the authorities have powers they normally would not have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina