Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM

917 posts, read 2,298,630 times

Advertisements

I didn't say Sparks' kids went there, I said I had been told that he was one of the people who got it going. My friends son went there and said friend gave me that info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM

217 posts, read 199,822 times
We have our oldest boy enrolled in Epiphany for next year, he is entering 9th grade. We expect great things.

Folks, realtors in general are about a step below used car salesmen. If you've got them on this board, expect their shenanighans whenever the opportunity arises. This is their idea of "networking" so take their "advice" with a big, fat grain of salt.

I don't appreciate Mr. McCurdy's comments one bit. They are so far from the truth and he tries to back them up with his, "I've lived everywhere and I know it all" attitude. There are plenty of experts and New Bern residents that would refute your statements vehemently and I am one of them. We're all more fortunate now that we've learned you won't be moving back!

You are NOT representing yourself or your business well here, Mr. McCurdy. You sound like a real jerk, actually.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM

65 posts, read 254,158 times
Epiphany's tuition is about 3,000.00 less and morning chapel is extremely motivating to the kids. If my 6th grader can go all day and come home to tell me about it, you know it is good. Academic's are top notch teachers that really care with all the help you need. Prep for SAT startin in 6th grade. dances, sports, fun learning, in New Bern so if you live here it is very close should something happen to your son. Kinston is 45 min. away. Check out Epiphany I promise you will love it

Old 06-07-2008, 07:55 PM

40 posts, read 229,279 times
Nicholas Sparks was one of the guys that started Epiphany. It has been VERY well-received in the community. And they have hired wonderful, well-educated, caring teachers. My husband is from the area and we will eventually move back there and plan to enroll our children there.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:44 PM

16 posts, read 65,287 times
I am originally from the Kinston area and actually just pulled up the APA website the other day! WHEW - what a rip off with tuition! It shows there's no real competition in the area. I am from a large area with many private schools to choose from and that price for tuition is VERY RARE! If it's the only alternative, then I guess parents either pay it or stick with public school, huh? I think it's overpriced for the area, personally. Kinston is DUMP!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
I also went to parrot, it is a wonderful school and i loved every minuite of it. Academics are def. at the fore front, athletics come next. About Ephiphany, we had alot of people go there from parrot because it was in new bern. Come to find out that the school wasnt accredited and all the clases they took would count on a college application. They were all back at parrott by christmas time

Old 09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
A guy that I know has a kid that goes there. He lives in New Bern. He is very, very pleased with Parrott. I think they do very very well in all academic competitions. It is however, extraordinarily expensive.

I would opine, and just my lil' ole opinion.. I you have that money, send him to New Bern High. The honors classes are fine and they have a good number, but not great number of AP courses.

With that $8,000 plus dollars YOU enrich his life. NY for plays and museums, LA for Film, Summers at GREAT Physics sites (Stanford, Fermi Lab, MIT, etc, etc, etc,).

If he is really good enough, in either math and science, or arts, you can try for Jr and Sr year at the Math High School in Durham or UNCSA (School of the Arts) in Winston Salem. Both are live there high schools that are superb. AND THE STATE PAYS FOR IT.

Go to a public school. Demand the best from your son, support his teachers, and spend the bucs on You and your kid enriching his life together.

IMHO a much better use of $8500.

My daughter just graduated from a public highschool, finished #6 of 400 or 500, and went exactly to college where she went with nice scholarship. I don't feel she missed a thing by not spening $40,000 (which I did not have) 9 - 12.

lln

Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM

693 posts, read 1,605,733 times
I've heard great things about both Parrott and Epiphany. Parrott of course is more established but I from all reports Epiphany is well on its way to being a star player in private education in Eastern NC. I would prefer New Bern to Kinston as a place to live, and I wouldn't want my kid to have to spend 45 min or more on a bus each way for school, so I think if I lived in New Bern (well, I do, but I don't have kids ) I would choose Epiphany. Either way I don't think you can go wrong though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina