Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:45 AM

13,380 posts, read 27,117,976 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone attended the GOP Convention in Greenville, and witnessed Former President Trump's speech. The press had comments about his health, mentioning stumbling on the steps and slurring his words. I took that with a grain of salt, and I cannot tell from the short YouTube videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 11:26 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,774,509 times
Not sure that too many people that live in Greenville attended the speech. Probably mostly attended by people from the surrounding towns and rural areas. Greenville residents were either attending high school graduations or packing out Clark-LeClair Stadium for ECU Regional Championship baseball. ECU won and is moving on to the Super Regionals. The Pirates were the only buzz in Greenville this past weekend. No one said a word about Trump.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:33 PM

927 posts, read 833,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Not sure that too many people that live in Greenville attended the speech. Probably mostly attended by people from the surrounding towns and rural areas. Greenville residents were either attending high school graduations or packing out Clark-LeClair Stadium for ECU Regional Championship baseball. ECU won and is moving on to the Super Regionals. The Pirates were the only buzz in Greenville this past weekend. No one said a word about Trump.
Well it's a party convention, so it consisted of people from across the entire state. I know someone that lives in Charlotte and attended the convention, but I haven't hard anything about his health.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:35 PM

605 posts, read 806,652 times
I heard he wore his pants backwards.

I really wish he would just go away.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:47 PM

13,380 posts, read 27,117,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
I heard he wore his pants backwards.

I saw that video clip about his pants, and they looked backwards to me. I think the voters will decide the best Senate candidate for themselves and Trump will become irrelevant.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:47 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,951,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Me too

Old 06-15-2021, 06:56 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,439,883 times
I’d rather nail my foot to the coffee table than listen to Trump speak.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:13 AM

231 posts, read 235,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I was wondering if anyone attended the GOP Convention in Greenville, and witnessed Former President Trump's speech. The press had comments about his health, mentioning stumbling on the steps and slurring his words. I took that with a grain of salt, and I cannot tell from the short YouTube videos.
All 75 glorious minutes are available to watch on YouTube, if you have the stomach to watch it.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM

5,169 posts, read 7,395,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I saw that video clip about his pants, and they looked backwards to me. I think the voters will decide the best Senate candidate for themselves and Trump will become irrelevant.
I think Pat McCrory is the best qualified and most experienced candidate, as former longtime Mayor of Charlotte and Governor of NC. Not some unknown congressman from Mocksville that Trump chose to endorse. Although I am more moderate and not necessarily Republican, if I still lived in NC I would probably vote for McCrory.

And I do not blame McCrory for the HB2 debacle. That was unnecessary political extremism run amuck. On both sides. Started unnecessarily by former Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts, prompting a harsh reaction from the right wing NC legislature and McCrory got stuck in the middle. And outsiders such as New York governor Mario Cuomo started a boycott. It should have been handled more delicately, but McCrory was forced to make the right but difficult decision.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:57 AM

7,192 posts, read 6,854,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I think Pat McCrory is the best qualified and most experienced candidate, as former longtime Mayor of Charlotte and Governor of NC. Not some unknown congressman from Mocksville that Trump chose to endorse. Although I am more moderate and not necessarily Republican, if I still lived in NC I would probably vote for McCrory.

And I do not blame McCrory for the HB2 debacle. That was unnecessary political extremism run amuck. On both sides. Started unnecessarily by former Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts, prompting a harsh reaction from the right wing NC legislature and McCrory got stuck in the middle. And outsiders such as New York governor Mario Cuomo started a boycott. It should have been handled more delicately, but McCrory was forced to make the right but difficult decision.
McCrory still didn't do himself any favors when he put his fingerprints on HB2 and the I-77 toll lane contract, though. He would've been re-elected in 2016 if he had refused to sign those two things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina