Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 AM

33 posts, read 152,700 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am seriously thinking of moving from Phoenix Az to Boiling Spring Lakes. I am looking for any information about the area that I can get. I know there is a builder there named Evergreen Homes and where the place is geographically but that is just about all I know. Help please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,475 times
My fiance and I just moved and bought a house in Boiling Springs. What would you like to know??

Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 AM

33 posts, read 152,700 times
Default Hi

Finally someone answered. TY! I know absolutly nothing about the community. How large is it? Is it a mostly retirement community? Is it growing slowly or ????? What shopping is near by? Schools? I am seriously considering moving there but I have no idea about it. Few pictures are available and not much is written about it either.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:13 PM

70 posts, read 182,506 times
I have family living in Boiling Springs. They seem to love it. It is a community of lots of homes, about 35-40 minutes from Wilmington. Shopping and restaurants are going up quickly in Leland about 20 minutes away. It has a rural feel to it I think

Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM

76 posts, read 366,048 times
bsl is nicely situated between the ocean(Oak island about 8 miles) and leland, which is growing massively. wilmington is close enough to commute to. you probably can't find much on the town itself, because there isn't anything there except houses. they have their own gas station and beauty shop, that's about it. it is a very nice town. if you have children, I would strongly suggest putting them into a private school. the elementary school is fine, but the high school is horrendous. the children are treated on a strong punishment mentality, and the bubba system is rampant. especially if your child is an A student ap class.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,725,977 times
It used to be known as "Boiling Spring SNAKES" due to the many small lakes, with lots of brush around them. Maybe things have changed in the last few years. Hope so.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,223 times
Boiling Spring Lakes is a great, quiet small town that has easy access to Wilmington NC and Myrtle Beach SC. It has several parks,a super nature trail and a great community center with lots of activities for all ages. Some of the lakes have areas for swimming and areas to put a boat,canoe or kayak in. It is also close to the beach!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 AM

214 posts, read 822,663 times
Default Boiling Springs Lake info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magyar4321869 View Post
Hi, I am seriously thinking of moving from Phoenix Az to Boiling Spring Lakes. I am looking for any information about the area that I can get. I know there is a builder there named Evergreen Homes and where the place is geographically but that is just about all I know. Help please!
BSL, is a very rural community, situated between 133 and 87, just a few miles from Southport. There are a great many lakes, and the community is made up of various types of homeowners (retired, semi-retired, working class, blue collar, police and firefighters). There is very little shopping close by, the stores that come to mind are Family Dollar, ABC liquors, a convenience store with a gas station, and a few mom and pop food retailers. Some people love it there, others find it too rural, it really all depends on what you are accustomed to, and what type of area you are seeking. There is also a very nice not high-brow golf course close by.
In summary, it is a very unassuming community, not pretentious in the least, and still affordable.
If you could be more specific as to what type of home and community best fits your needs and wants, I am sure we can point you in the right direction.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 PM

249 posts, read 514,878 times
I'm also currently looking in the BSL area. By looking at google maps, the area west of 87 (George II Hwy) looks mainly undeveloped. Being the market is soft now, did a lot of construction come to a halt?

Also, how long does it take to get to the beach in the summer? Does traffic on 87 & 133 get too heavy? Those roads look like they may not be able to handle heavy summer traffic.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 AM

76 posts, read 366,048 times
Dregg, the intersection of 211 and long beach road is the problem, as far as going to the beach. They are building a second bridge for the other end of the island, which will help a lot. You just have to keep in mind the timing for heading that way. Never attempt to go from southport or BSL to the beach at 5:00pm, or at noon. Other than that, it is like city traffic. Be patient and it will keep moving.

As far as construction halting- yes it did. The only place where I know of new houses going up at this point is on the other side of Leland, in Northwest (can't remember the name of the subdivision, there are thousands of them here). Those houses are selling for dirt cheap and are very nice, but they are better for folks who want to be just outside of the city, not for people who want to go to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina