Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 08:43 AM

455 posts, read 527,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
They really don't need any. Greene is being renovated right now (so no one living there) and the freshmen class went down a little this year. The overall number of beds went up when Gateway was built.

I believe the plan after Greene is finished is to update Legacy.
Any time table on Fletcher? That was my hall a loooong time ago. It has to be approaching Belk Hall level dereliction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Review focuses on downtown nightclubs - Daily Reflector

Old 03-04-2019, 09:08 AM

15 posts, read 11,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
They really don't need any. Greene is being renovated right now (so no one living there) and the freshmen class went down a little this year. The overall number of beds went up when Gateway was built.

I believe the plan after Greene is finished is to update Legacy.
Is the freshmen dip worrying or just something that happens from time to time?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:42 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorg View Post
Is the freshmen dip worrying or just something that happens from time to time?
Happened the first year of the Promise Plan where the tuition cost (in and out of state) went down at WCU and UNCP and may have also correlated with less NC graduates this past year apparently (that was a rumor I heard, which may have been a Hurricane Floyd effect in ENC).

I have heard that Fletcher is pretty good on the inside, not sure if they would just work on the outside. Jones just had the old Galley and dining hall area re-done into a fitness room and Port City Java.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:42 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Allen Thomas is considering running for Walter B. Jones' congressional seat. A quote from A.T.:

"I have heard from friends of media this morning commenting I may run for the congressional seat in our home district.
While it would be a great honor and I am strongly considering it, I have not decided yet if it’s the right thing to do. That is not a decision to be taken lightly for our family and the many implications of what that means in our life.
My commitment has been so focused on the work we are doing at NCGTP. We are making such great steps forward. It is an exciting time of long awaited progress.

The loss of our Congressman Walter Jones who has been so good to me, throughout my time in business, as Mayor and current, has been an abrupt loss of which we all hoped would not be the case. Since that event I have spoken to Harry Brown of Onslow and others on all sides of the aisle at great length about what this service means.
While I’m sure a dozen folks who intend to run, have already long since hired armies of professionals and are on their path I have not. — If it’s God’s plan for me and my family, which am praying, I will have peace and his clarity.
Thank you, to all that have called! In so many ways I absolutely agree— a new chapter must happen. A beginning. It is the right time and needed, across the #East to bring new energy, innovation and the tenacity to pull us together and to move this thing forward. I am appreciative of the kind words of so many of you who have reached out. I will say, this morning — currently I am strongly considering. Your continued wisdom and 🙏 prayers are appreciated. A final decision will be made very soon."

Old 03-05-2019, 04:59 AM

^ I’m torn on that. On one hand, I think it would be great for ENC if Thomas does run and win. But on the other hand, the GTP needs all the help it can get and now that someone competent is finally in charge, it’s starting to show signs of life and if the GTP finally takes off, that would also be great for ENC. If Thomas leaves the GTP, there’s no telling who would replace him and what might happen to the GTP. The fact that it took the state over 20 years to get someone in charge that knows what the hell they’re doing speaks volumes.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:01 AM

217 posts, read 235,829 times
Got a strong hint the other day he'd be announcing. He'd be a fantastic US Rep. for the district.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:37 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
Got a strong hint the other day he'd be announcing. He'd be a fantastic US Rep. for the district.
I would loudly and proudly help in any way for his campaign!

Old 03-06-2019, 05:05 AM

City, NCDOT near final sidewalk agreement for Fire Tower/Portertown roads - Daily Reflector

Old 03-06-2019, 07:05 AM

217 posts, read 235,829 times
Look out for a major announcement on market-rate housing in the Uptown District tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina