Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 PM

232 posts, read 475,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
That website is referring to Arlington & Greenville Blvd (which is a much better location, yay!) because it says NC 43 & East Arlington, east being the key word. Arlington is split by Evans with the west part continuing on toward Memorial and the east continuing on toward Greenville Blvd.
sorry i was wrong on the 43 part. at least it is coming for sure though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 12:55 PM

232 posts, read 475,040 times

Dicks sporting goods under construction

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
^Thanks. It is moving along pretty quickly! It appears to have a decent foot print.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
I'm glad the Bonefish grill is going out there by Dicks. that area has the ability to be really nice & is finally shaping up with these new stores / restaurants. Hopefully someone will move in the stores around the Fresh Market since more people will be visiting the area.

Putting the Bonefish Grill in the K-Mart parking lot was a bad idea, IMO. Good location but traffic is already horrible there & parking would be an issue. The whole K-Mart strip center needs to be blown up & re invented. It's only a matter of time before K-Mart / Sears goes away. Their stores here in town really need a lot of fixing up to be 'nice'. K-Mart always smells weird & crap is all over the place when I was in there last, like the management doesn't care. Haven't been in Sears in years, so can't comment on the inside of their store, outside is very dated.

I also wish the Theater would have been built in the Galleria section instead of where it is...oh well..hopefully the Galleria will eventually expand towards the theater like was originally planned before the recession hit.

I'm sure all these stores have been in the making for quite some time now, but they are making the new Mayor look good since they are finally popping up under his time. Hope it keeps up...Wal-Mart, Dicks & Bonefish will be great jobs for the area.

Last edited by jpirate; 04-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: e

Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 PM

286 posts, read 653,135 times
The area around the new movie theater must have really cheap rent. I noticed a big Tobacco shop and an office for Baker Roofing. Doesn't really look like the high end district.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Their tenant list is sh-itty to me, I guess it's better to lease them for cheap until the economy picks back up.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Does anyone know what is being built on Dickinson (more accurately 264A east) down past the WilcoHess (but on the opposite side of the street)? There is groundwork being done on a small parcel adjacent to the larger acreage that's been advertised for the last few years as a future business park, but there is no indication of what is being erected.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Anyone heard anything else concerning the Bankruptcy Court proposal for downtown Greenville within about 4-5 blocks of the Court House? They want to occupy the space by Dec. 2013. For the sq. ft. & amount of parking they were seeking, it would most likely have to be a new structure.
I remember looking on the GIS for a property that matched what they needed, and couldn't find one. MY conclusion was they would need to build something new. I forgot what they want, but this is great news assuming its still in the pipe.

District Courts are based around the city the Judge lives in/near. Like Senior District Judge Malcolm Jones Howard is based in Greenville.

Currently, there are two Bankruptcy court offices: Wilson and Raleigh. But we have our own district.

Any idea who the judge is, or would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
This is one of those things that really makes you feel good about Greenville. It took a collaborative effort but Greenville now has a 1 million dollar, 100 foot tall fire truck. It is nice that all of the major organizations that make Greenville what it is can get together and buy this firetruck.

The Daily Reflector
The two non-government entities that helped to buy it, East Carolina and PCMH, are the only two organizations with tall structures in the city. So it makes sense they helped out.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 PM

107 posts, read 175,682 times
What's happening across from Golden Corral? I've seen stakes on the property for a while & today heavy equipment had started work on the lot. I had thought maybe the church was putting additional parking in, but the area seems too big for that. I'm really disapointed in the Carolina East Center re-development. Turns out to be nothing but a paint job. It would be better if they just demolished the center and started over.

Last edited by Cityadvocate; 04-04-2012 at 08:22 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 PM

Carolina East is the development across from The Galleria, correct? I wish I would be demolished as well but in reality both The Galleria and the new movie theatre complex have plenty of vacant spaces that need to be filled before that place gets a major redevelopment or new development. I wish developers here would start thinking of options for a town center. I think that property (Carolina East) would be a start, just build some office, a few condos, maybe a hotel, and some space for retail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina