Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
It was a good decision for the City to not continue with the Evans streetscape project because once people get to the Reade Circle and Evans Street intersection they can spread out to which direction they need to go by going on Reade Circle. I think with all this development on Evans, soon they will start developing shops and mixed use projects like the Georgetown Commons project down the road and I could defiantly see that becoming the main road into Uptown.

Also, has anyone else been near the hospital recently? The new children's hospital is basically giving Vidant a whole new look! Its almost finished on the outside and the hospital is starting to finally look like the modern and innovative hospital it is. It gives that area a whole new image and it is great for that to be one of the first things you see when you drive into Greenville from 264
Are you able to take any pictures of the Children's Hospital or Vidant's facade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Something large appears to be being built on Dickinson Ave just west of the Allen Rd/Greenville Blvd Ext. There are several pieces of heavy construction equipment working about 1,000 feet off the road. If I remember correctly, a developer wanted to build a shopping center there and had to overcome the objections of a church and the Red Oak neighborhood.
It's not a shopping center. It's a industrial park. There is a sign on the property.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:05 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It's not a shopping center. It's a industrial park. There is a sign on the property.
I've seen this work being done the last few weeks. Seeing how it's an industrial park, it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with certain small manufacturers having to relocate because of the impending 10th St. expansion.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM

145 posts, read 266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Are you able to take any pictures of the Children's Hospital or Vidant's facade?
I will try next time I drive pass there.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:50 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
I will try next time I drive pass there.
Thank you, unfortunately I'm not making a trip back to Greenville until July therefore this a pleasure to see how Vidant looks.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 PM

232 posts, read 475,091 times
Quote:
Thank you, unfortunately I'm not making a trip back to Greenville until July therefore this a pleasure to see how Vidant looks.
It is looking really good! also the new apartments on 5th (near the future VA site) have a really nice upscale look.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
It does look good! The entire area should be very proud of this sprawling complex that they've paid to build. And it's getting bigger by the day.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 AM

36 posts, read 63,364 times
I saw they had demolished the old AAA car lot on Greenville Blvd. and had already staked out new bld. corners...anyone know what is being built?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
It is looking really good! also the new apartments on 5th (near the future VA site) have a really nice upscale look.
The Heritage at Arlington is open and ready for residents.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Speaking about the drive into Greenville, as much as the City Council loves to streetscape, I would really like to see Stantonsburg Road receive a makeover from 264 to Memorial Drive.

They need to bury the power lines. Put up nice looking street lamps. Install the black traffic signal arms at ever needed intersection. Add an island median. Add dedicated turning lanes. And probably a few other things. other things.

This is the FIRST road most visitors see of the city. It is heavily traveled. This road needs to look good. Plus it will help residents here who travel to the Medical District every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina