Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2019, 01:46 PM

275 posts, read 330,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Nah...between the old Brody building and adjacent surface parking lots as well as the surface parking lots on ECU's health science campus...you could find the space. Just need to build a parking deck along with it.

So 2 different hospitals will be at the same site? I'd like to see how that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 03:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
So if they the idea is having a school-based hospital (I guess like Wake Baptist for example) where in God's name would they put one at? Maybe Fire Tower?
There's 8 million acres of farmland for sale around Greenville. I'm sure they could find a spot for it without having to try to cram it in somewhere.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:58 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I’m positive they’d be interested in staying in the medical district though building a more dense campus near Uptown would be dope.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:05 PM

217 posts, read 236,145 times
This from Chris Nunnally's Facebook page--

Quote:
Lies. Bald faced lies. When the UNC Board of Governors claims it does not have motivation to take over Brody and Vidant, look closer and under the dome west of 95. A majority of Senators are now trying to break ENC’s health system financially when their legal and ground maneuvers failed. This is about more than Board seats. This is about a system power grab. It is also generally a symptom of the broad consolidation that is occurring rapidly across health care systems in the country. Ultimately Vidant might be acquired by another health care provider, and so long as it’s a good thing for the people in the East, so be it. I’ll be the first to support it. So far from what I see, a UNC takeover isn’t it. I cannot believe my own eyes when I read that fiscally “conservative” senators in Raleigh are really considering spending money we need Down East, wasting millions, ultimately 100s of millions of your dollars to build a new teaching hospital to serve Brody...when we’ve got one. What a sham. A fraud. Voters in Pitt, and the East.... get to know this bunch. At a minimum don’t trust them at face value. Look under the claims and know the ground. It makes sense that UNC Health would want to acquire a system like Vidant, that’s how health systems are doing business now. Consolidation is good for the business people running the show, but not always for the people health care exists to serve. You. At most and better, demand that the NC House leadership block this stooges’ attempt at killing ENCs health care, and ECU’s relationship with our hospital. Demand that funding for Vidant is not cut as what building it fills is still and always will be the teaching hospital for Brody. It’s a public hospital, our public hospital, a crucial teaching hospital, and we must protect this asset. I’ll provide updates from matters of public record- matters reported in the press- over the course of this sad sad episode.
Sounds like this might just be another Harry Smith power grab.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:54 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I’m positive they’d be interested in staying in the medical district though building a more dense campus near Uptown would be dope.
The ORIGINAL original hospital was downtown at where the Catalog Connection is now. Could you imagine having the Medical District downtown?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:56 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
http://www.reflector.com/News/2019/0...he-public.html

ENC senator said Senate wants Vidant governance changes resolved - Daily Reflector

Last edited by LM117; 06-02-2019 at 05:15 AM..

Old 06-03-2019, 11:46 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
Vidant wrote the UNC system out of their governance as a result of the the ECU/Vidant merger being derailed from the inside. That deal, after many years of work, was done and announced in 2018. Then the state treasure magically has issues with it and by 2019 Vidant and ECU end the effort over irreconcilable differences??? No, the state nuked the merger (for whatever reason) and Vidant wrote them out as a result. Now the state is clapping back by threatening to pull funding. There is no way in a million years the state and UNC stooges would build ECU a teaching hospital. None. that's lip service to derail support for Vidant. There is an ulterior motive for the BoG/state but I'm not sure what that is. Its certainly reeks of UNC's ego and their unfathomable terror at ECU having a solvent (potentially competitive) school of medicine. It doesn't take much to connect dots and guess that UNC wants Vidant and plasters it well logo all over Greenville and East.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:03 PM

https://www.wnct.com/news/local-news...ent/2050216051

Quote:
Vidant Medical Center continues to be committed and open to discussions about changes to its board structure.

It includes conversations with elected representatives and conversations with the University of North Carolina Board of Governors, East Carolina University and Pitt County.

On Monday, Vidant Medical Center and Pitt County submitted a proposed settlement agreement.

The agreement includes:

*The State budget must include $28 million in funding toward the planning of a new building for the Brody School of Medicine.

*The language included in the State budget penalizing VMC $35 million must be removed.

Changes to the VMC Board structure would include:

*Pitt County would continue to appoint 11 members or 55 percent of the VMC Board; at least one would be a Pitt County physician.

*The UNC BOG would appoint four members.

*The VMC Board would appoint two ECU physicians nominated by a special committee chaired by the Dean of the Brody School of Medicine.

*The VMC Board would appoint two members.

*The Dean of the Brody School of Medicine would serve as a member.

All parties would continue discussing the following:

*Equal pay for ECU and UNC faculty in their respective medical schools for teaching and research.

*Proportionate class expansion for ECU and UNC in their respective medical schools.

*ECU naming rights to VMC.

*Clinical and operational matters.

*Change of control protection for UNC BOG.

There are currently two open seats on the VMC Board.

The Dean of the Brody School of Medicine at ECU would serve in one seat.

The VMC Board would appoint a member to the other seat.

Current members of the VMC Board would complete their terms.

Current litigation would be dismissed.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:08 PM

A heck of a lot of good stuff in there. Amazing if we would get them all. Especially possible ECU Health?!

Old 06-04-2019, 05:45 AM

275 posts, read 330,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
A heck of a lot of good stuff in there. Amazing if we would get them all. Especially possible ECU Health?!
Knowing how the current NCGA is, I doubt they agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina