Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,284 times

Advertisements

My family and I (two young children) are possibly relocationg to Greenville NC for a job with ECU. We want to be close to campus, in a safe area with kids, good schools and inviting community. How is winterville? Do most people put their kids in public schools?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 PM

45 posts, read 218,652 times
Hi! I went to school at ECU and taught in Grifton. Most of our friends (late 20s to early 30s) live in Winterville. It's growing and it is easy to get to ECU. Good luck and Go pirates!!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:12 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,860 times
Winterville is great. As well as Farmville and I live in Greene County, Snow Hill to be precise. The hospital is excellent there and they have a medical school as well there. I don't know much about the Pitt county schools but the Primary School in Greene County is at the top of the state levels. Pitt Community College is there as well and from what I understand is a great community college. I graduated from the nursing program at LCC, Lenoir Community College in Kinston, NC, some 30 miles east of Greenville. Farmville is about 14 miles from Greenville, Snow Hill, some 20 miles perhaps, Winterville is the closet and has the easiest route to business area of Greenville. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 PM

17 posts, read 95,622 times
Default Loved Wintergreen!

I worked at WH Robinson Elementary, in Winterville and was very pleased with working there and having my son there too! Winterville is a nice area just outside of the hustle and bustle of Greenville but a very close commute. There are several nice subdivisions to choose from and the people are friendly to boot! Good luck to you!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:48 AM

46 posts, read 211,237 times
There are some nice neighborhoods within walking distance of the university. Rocksprings Road across 10th St up to 14th is one, another runs east of the main campus from Maple Street over to Forest Hills (between 5th and 10th). A number of faculty and staff already live in these areas and you can walk or bike to work! There are homes for sale in both neighborhoods.

Winterville is Greenville's equivalent to Cary (near Raleigh). It is growing TOO fast (the city has to limit homebuilding because they cannot keep up with water/sewer construction). They do not have (and desperately need) to widen their main streets -- all two lane roads that were originally used by farmers but now carry 20-30,000 cars per day.

You will pay lower property taxes in Winterville but you will have at least a 20 minute to commute to campus (and good luck finding parking).

Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina