Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:51 AM

176 posts, read 238,984 times

Advertisements

We've owned a home in FH for about 8 years and love it. We generally stay out of the politics there, but it's a wonderful place for boating, biking, and meeting lots of friendly people. We see so much wildlife everyday it's a photographer's paradise. Bald eagles, Osprey, ducks, cranes, deer, gray foxes, river otters, dolphins, huge turtles, even a bobcat strolling down our neighbor's dock very early one morning. Lot's of clubs to join and New Bern is such a charming little town. I just read thru this thread and was disheartened to read some of the negative comments and wanted to give another perspective from some residents who love it very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishub View Post
All great signs, and as many of us have surmised, this was exactly what we expected could happen. Probably still a bit early to declare this a consistent trend, but very promising. For those who are not enamored with the small increase in POA fees and want to save some money, we could be convinced to trade our Home at 906 Pelican and some cash for a waterfront home with a dock. Any interest?
Still selling? do you know what the plans are since everything seems settled to increase the value of the properties in this community?

Old 02-08-2017, 03:00 PM

183 posts, read 326,515 times
There are very very preliminary discussion groups formed to throw out desires and wishes for a section of the 385 acres.I was at a small discussion group today.It is in it's infant stages and will be a long process even after ideas have been accepted.Nothing may happen for 3 years is a real possibility.So much to inspect and continue with current projects and maintenance.It is now all owned by the community which is one certainty.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 PM

126 posts, read 192,623 times
Hello

I'm sure this question has come up before. I found some posts from 2015, but here it goes.
I'll be down again next week, and likely will be looking around at houses while in FFH.
Most of the available single family houses are in the FRIS flood zone map. I was wondering what homeowners in FFH pay for flood insurance for say a modest three bedroom 2 bath home (give or take)?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2017, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 4,444 times
I'm also interested in hear about the flood insurance price.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,366 times
Default Flood Insurance

I have a modern home with it's lowest level more than 8 feet above water level.
I pay $600 per year.
A home with a lower certificate of elevation probably would pay more.
Use
FRIS
to get an idea for a particular lot.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
I'm considering a home in FH and have 2 quick questions....
1. Did the entire neighborhood flood or were there areas that were spared?
2. Are boat lifts permitted on personal docks?
Thanks
BC

Old 12-10-2017, 08:46 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnaitsirhc View Post
I'm considering a home in FH and have 2 quick questions....
1. Did the entire neighborhood flood or were there areas that were spared?
2. Are boat lifts permitted on personal docks?
1. Since we looked at homes in Fairfield Harbour, I am sure that the whole development did not flood. Many lots away from the water-front are not at risk.
2. I believe I had seen boat lifts, but you should contact the POA to make sure.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,584 times
Question No new news

Just left from visit at Fairfield. Loved New Bern. Loved the golf and a lot of other nearby courses to play. Loved new Pickleball courts. Loved the idea of my own golf cart to drive around. Will love having a boat. Loved the dog park but it good use some sprucing up. Met some very friendly people while walking/riding around. Heard some good news that most of the money/land problems have been solved. Loved the cost of living here. Problem we have about moving here is really no club house ( yes there is the rec center but no CLUB HOUSE ) . We are not snobs but we like someplace to eat and mingle on site. The Pro shop does have a snack bar but not a bar to have drinks and food after a round also nothing at any of the Marinas. Tried the BIG APPLE pizzeria ( good food and staff ) and take out from Chinese restaurant by the Foodlion but that’s it. So our question is are there any plans anybody knows about and what else is new since last posts.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Just an FYI....this community does rent out homes by airbnb,for weekly or nightly rentals. I know in some communities there have been some problems with rowdy vacationers. Good to know before you make your decisions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina