Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:54 AM

183 posts, read 326,515 times

Advertisements

They are expanding the Pro Shop to include seating for 100 people.The addition is suppose to start this summer.Building a Clubhouse /pool area will be a process .It will require budgeting for it as well as surveys,plan developments and so on.There may be voting involved on any final proposals regarding it.Acquiring the 365 acres recently purchased was a huge first step in getting out from under the horror that was Mid-South.Patience will be the key.No boat lifts are permitted currently.I love living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 AM

The Rec Center is also not part of Fairfield Harbour .It is a separate entity that caters to time share owners and vacationers .We can join if we want to and you also can use the pool at the Pro Shop for the summer by paying a daily fee or fee for the swimming season.Remember that it is a POA community so you will pay yearly dues that will increase over time.Nothing ever goes down which some people fail to realize.98% of the people here would do anything for you.The other 2% wouldn't do anything for anyone.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:53 AM

For your information the prices here are on a steady increase and the inventory has been rapidly declining.The nicer homes are being snatched up quickly.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,584 times
Thanks for the updates. I just really would have liked to hear better news about on premise eating. Will have to keep watching for any news before we make our decision.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:11 PM

The breakfast and lunch is good at the Golf Club.A drive to town is really not far.Good luck with your decision.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:11 AM

3 posts, read 4,094 times
Default How's the Water in FFH?

Hi all,

Like so many others in this thread, my spouse and I have vacationed at FFH and love it, so we're thinking of relocating to FFH or elsewhere in the New Bern area in 2 -3 years when retirement rolls around. We find the natural surroundings beautiful, the people welcoming, and the prices reasonable. However, while not a deal breaker for us, we noticed that the tap water in the FFH timeshare complex where we stay has a strong sulfur odor, which we're assuming is related to the fact that much of the area is built on reclaimed marshland. Are FFH residents able to eliminate the odor with any filtration devices, or do they buy bottled water to drink, or have they just learned to live with what comes out of the tap?

On an unrelated note, we have heard that up until a few years ago, when Duke Power took over supplying electricity to the City of New Bern, electric rates were sky high, and that they have now moderated somewhat. Who supplies the electricity for FFH, and how do rates there compare with the City of New Bern?

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere on this site; I'm a new subscriber and I haven't become adept at navigating these threads yet. Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

Old 07-08-2018, 04:20 AM

176 posts, read 238,984 times
We had a second home in FFH for several years and sold it last year. I never drank the water there-always used bottled water. I never found the utilities too expensive, but we were also part timers. I have recently heard that the water and sewer rates may be going up by quite a bit and neighbors are signing petitions to stop that. We loved our house there-we were on Northwest Creek. We decided to simplify our life and just have our one house in the Triangle area. However, if our house had been a bit larger in FFH we may have kept that house and moved there full time.

Old 07-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
We had a second home in FFH for several years and sold it last year. I never drank the water there-always used bottled water. I never found the utilities too expensive, but we were also part timers. I have recently heard that the water and sewer rates may be going up by quite a bit and neighbors are signing petitions to stop that. We loved our house there-we were on Northwest Creek. We decided to simplify our life and just have our one house in the Triangle area. However, if our house had been a bit larger in FFH we may have kept that house and moved there full time.

Thanks for the helpful information, pinkjewel. I appreciate it!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:10 AM

I live in Fairfield Harbour.We have Tideland as our electric provider.Utlities Inc.which have have asked for a big increase in water and sewer provide that.There will be hearings in August about the increase.The state will most likely disallow the request but give them a smaller increase.I want nothing to do with Duke Energy which provides power in the city of New Bern.The water does have that taste and you will need a water softener for every day use of water.We use bottled water but I did when we lived in Raleigh as well.I love living here.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjb1953 View Post
I live in Fairfield Harbour.We have Tideland as our electric provider.Utlities Inc.which have have asked for a big increase in water and sewer provide that.There will be hearings in August about the increase.The state will most likely disallow the request but give them a smaller increase.I want nothing to do with Duke Energy which provides power in the city of New Bern.The water does have that taste and you will need a water softener for every day use of water.We use bottled water but I did when we lived in Raleigh as well.I love living here.

Thanks for your response, gjjb 1953! With regard to electricity rates, I was told by someone who lives in Taberna that they were paying crazy high rates until Duke took over, and then rates came down somewhat, so he viewed the takeover by Duke positively. However, since my understanding is that FFH residents have historically paid significantly less for electricity service than City of New Bern residents, I can see how you wouldn't share his rosy view of Duke. I hope you are correct in predicting that Tideland's proposed increase will be reduced by the state. As far as water in FFH is concerned, I anticipated that most folks would drink bottled water or use elaborate equipment to improve the taste and smell of the tap water, so that's no shock. Certainly doesn't change my opinion that FFH must be a great place to live, and my plan is still to move there in the next couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina