Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 18,629 times

Advertisements

Im looking in this neighborhood and would like some more information. Is it mainly college students? More family oriented? Is it safe? How are the schools? I would appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM

451 posts, read 1,914,389 times
Personally, Augusta Trails wouldn't be my first choice. I believe there has been some crime problems in there but I haven't heard much lately. I would rather live in Dudley's Grant off of Firetower unless you want a duplex. If you want a duplex, I would look at other older duplex communities in town.

Not sure what your price range is, and it's none of my business, but I would consider some other options before buying there (it may be ok, but it's still worth looking around).

Old 03-29-2010, 09:24 PM

We are renting and were looking for a house or duplex because we have two dogs. Our max is $900 a month and I dont want to end up with a bunch of partiers, we have a 13 month old daughter. Are there any other places you can recommend? The dudleys grant had some issues with crime too by what I saw on the greenville city website. I tried to contact a realtor but didnt get much help. Im an hour and a half away so I cant just go look around Im getting worried we wont find a place

Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 AM

For $900 a month you should be able to find a detached house or a decent duplex around here. You should google property management websites to look for rentals.

I know a few people who live in Dudley's Grant...I believe there have been a few break-ins over the years. I used to live there...and there were some people who liked to party out there but it just depends on what row you lived on and who was living on that row.

You should be able to find something pretty decent for $900 a month...surprised that a realtor didn't help you. They probably want to assist buyers more than renters.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Not sure i'm allowed to post links but try the following:

Rental Properties (http://www.hearthsidemanagement.com/properties/default.asp - broken link)

Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Thanks for link! I found a few places im just worried because we had to file for bankruptcy last year(feb). I hate to pay an application fee just to find out they wont work with us

Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 PM

I certainly hope they will work with you guys. Best of luck to you on your search!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 PM

228 posts, read 601,227 times
I have a friend in Dudley's Grant too. Her home was broken into and she was robbed of all her valuables last year. She now has a security system. I, too, have a full security system with cameras on all the doors, etc. I would not live in this town without one.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:27 AM

107 posts, read 480,567 times
I looked into Augusta Trails when I moved into town. A friend said that it was bad and he was glad to have gotten out when he did.

There's a duplex neighborhood across Firetower from Dudley's Grant. It seems like a good place to go with kids. And they're reasonably priced. Summerhaven is its name. Any of the the property management companies will probably have something there. A quick google search comes up with this from one of the property mgmt places: WGP Properties - Summerhaven - Greenville NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina