Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,101,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGS MOM View Post
I am also trying to figure out what the Greenville schools are like. My family is going to be moving to Greenville in a month or so and my husband and I cant seem to figure out what school district to live in for our kids? I would love ANY input I can get. Based on the greatschools ratings the Chicod school has the highest rating for elementary schools based on test scores ( which is the grade area my kids are in). However, when looking for houses there does not seem to be too many options in that school district. I am not familiar with the Greenville area and would love any feedback I can get on public OR private schools. thanks!
My grand daughter goes to Chicod. It does appear to be a very good school as long as you can get over the way it looks from the outside. It is the oldest public school in the county and it looks like it. They did put a new wing on the back a few years ago. The teachers are very good there and a bunch of them have advanced degrees.

There are a wide variety of homes for sale in the Chicod district. It's a fairly large district and homes range from trailers to multi million estates. Get with a good real estate agent and take a look around. You'll find something that you like I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozio View Post
which christian school did they go to in greenville?
I'm not sure. Maybe Greenville Christian?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 AM

There is great news for Chicod. From today's local paper comes the news that the older sections will be torn down and a new front section will be built. The proposal is pretty much covered by current fundings so this is pretty much a done deal.

"Officials are proposing a $9.8 million renovation at Chicod, which would eliminate sections of the building that date back as far as 1929. New construction would include the replacement of the older facilities with a 13-classroom addition, along with a new multi-purpose gym, cafeteria, driveways and parking lots.

“What you would end up with at Chicod is, essentially, a brand new school,” Jimmy Hite, president of Hite Associates, told the board."

Old 01-26-2009, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,882 times
thanks! that is good to know about Chicod School. I appreciate your response! Do you know some of the good subdivisions that are in Chicod's school district? When I look on greenvillemove.com it only lists a handful of subdivisions, but I was told not all of the neighborhoods are up there. My husband and I are going to lease a house for 1 year prior to buying. I dont want to get a realtor involved until we are ready to buy. Just wondering if you could tell me some of the nicer neighborhoods in that district?

Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 PM

264 posts, read 907,365 times
We looked into moving to Greenville but the school system turned us off right away. Private schools there were the only option. If I remember there was a Catholic school in the city that seemed like a good school.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,438,509 times
The schools aren't bad compared to where I use to live (B-more, MD)...

Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGS MOM View Post
thanks! that is good to know about Chicod School. I appreciate your response! Do you know some of the good subdivisions that are in Chicod's school district? When I look on greenvillemove.com it only lists a handful of subdivisions, but I was told not all of the neighborhoods are up there. My husband and I are going to lease a house for 1 year prior to buying. I dont want to get a realtor involved until we are ready to buy. Just wondering if you could tell me some of the nicer neighborhoods in that district?
Since you plan to lease for a year you should be able to get a good handle on the type of neighborhood you like. There are a number of very nice subdivisions there. My wife and I live out in the "country" so I'm not real familiar with each one. We did own property in Quail Pointe. We bought our lot there when there were only a couple of houses there. By the time we got ready to move here the neighborhood had pretty much been built out and we decided we no longer wanted to move there.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 AM

12 posts, read 47,854 times
My child went to Eastern for Elementary, CM Eppes, and just graduated JH Rose with honors. The grades coming out of JH Rose are much better than they have been in the past and I think it is because their funding and budget has been increased, as well as the addition of some new really great teachers. I've also heard the Catholic school here is great and my daughter has several friends that went there and loved it! If you do end up moving to Greenville, we are currently staying at The Pointe at Wimbledon apartments while we build our house and it is in those school's districts and on a great side of town. We've had no problems as of yet and the place is just great. We're not used to apartment living and we feel like we are staying at a resort while we build. I also recommend Dolce Vita Wine Shop because they hold events where you can meet locals and Atavola restaurant is simply amazing!

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,898 times
I am looking at relocating to Greenville area. Would you please let me know some good areas family centered low crime and good schools.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:37 PM

166 posts, read 304,322 times
EMP, you are buried back here in this thread- strongly recommend you start anew to get more notice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina